Question How do I stop the spam?

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Over the last 24 hours I have gotten nearly 50 emails from the forums due to bot spamming on pretty much every thread. I understand I can unsubscribe from the thread, but my ADD will forget to reply or check in to the forums if I turn them off. I enjoy many of the conversations here. Is there a way the forum admin can enable a bot check on posting? A really simple captcha or something?

Reactions: Alm

FreezerBurn

Mar 17, 2020
We are looking into the issue now, I've been hit with the same notification emails as well. For the time being I would temporarily shut off email notification for the day if it still persists. But, like I sad we are looking into it now.

Reactions: MaddMann
Jan 17, 2020
A daily digest option might be nice, where you only get one email a day with an overview of threads you've subscribed to that have new responses.

It would at least remove the email spam and if spam posts get removed within a day you would never have to see them at all.

Nov 4, 2020
Hi FreezerBurn , glad you looking into this , i got an email saying somebody was following a thread of mine.
I did not click the link i logged in and clicked alerts at top right , the guy whose name i forgot to write down just posted hello !

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts