Question Highframe time with Vega 64

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Hey my system is pretty good, but I get tearing in most games. Can someone help me? It stays at around 4ms all the time. I have tried Vsync and other integrated options of my graphics card. So it could well be a CPU or a GPU problem I believe.

i7-8700K
Gygabyte Vega 64 8GB VRAM
32GB Ram DDR4 3000MHz

If you know something that might help me thank you.

You have other things to go through before you're out of the woods, that's what troubleshooting is and will continue to be. Which BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? You're not on UEFI boot? In BIOS is CSM enabled? Have you updated your OS?

Could you define, "After a lot of attempts" ?

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Which BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? You're not on UEFI boot? In BIOS is CSM enabled? Have you updated your OS?
Yes, I don't know how to turn UEFI on, I don't know what CSM is and yes.
Could you define, "After a lot of attempts" ?
At first it didn't even want to boot, it stayed on the BIOS logo for at least 5 minutes. Then it started working. I tried to upgrade it. It did not work and the USB died so I had to use another one. After I used the second USB it installed like butter without a problem. Also now if I touch any configuration in BIOS it will boot to the BIOS always because then it does not read any of my drives. It is very strange I have also never experianced or heard of anyone having a problem like that. If you can help I would appreciate it a lot. It look like a MoBo problem or CPU. I don't know a lot as I said before. I just know the most simple thing to do on my PC. I had to reset the MoBo a lot of times because of it. I though it wouldn't happen again or I touched something I did not intend to. I am running my RAM without XMP now and UEFI is off.

(Sorry for the late reply, I had to learn for an exam and bearly had time to check anything at all)

Last edited:
BIOS version, please...? If you installed the OS while in CSM mode, you will need to reinstall the OS after you disable CSM in BIOS. CSM = here. While in CSM you tend to loose out the potential of your platform since it's forced to run in "legacy" mode as opposed to utilizing concurrent tech that your platform has.

I don't know a lot as I said before.
That's what I'm worried about.

At this point, I'd advise sourcing a 16GB pen drive, then use Windows Media Creation Tools to recreate your bootable USB installer for your platform. You should also download all necessary drivers pertaining to your platform and have them on the pen drive after the OS installer fabrication is completed.

Can you parse images of what you see in Boot? Set Storage controller to AHCI, Enable Fast Boot, Disable Secure Boot, disable CSM and then go ahead with the OS reinstall. Out of further curiosity, how many physical partitions do you have on the 970 Evo Plus SSD?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
BIOS version, please...?
F14c, the latest.
If you installed the OS while in CSM mode, you will need to reinstall the OS after you disable CSM in BIOS. CSM = here. While in CSM you tend to loose out the potential of your platform since it's forced to run in "legacy" mode as opposed to utilizing concurrent tech that your platform has.
Ok.
At this point, I'd advise sourcing a 16GB pen drive, then use Windows Media Creation Tools to recreate your bootable USB installer for your platform.
Do I really need to reinstall my Windows tho? I have a lot of stuff I don't want to lose, but if I have to I have to.
You should also download all necessary drivers pertaining to your platform and have them on the pen drive after the OS installer fabrication is completed.
That's a good idea. Never thought doing that.
Can you parse images of what you see in Boot?
Video1 Video2 Video3
Set Storage controller to AHCI, Enable Fast Boot, Disable Secure Boot, disable CSM and then go ahead with the OS reinstall.
Will try.
Out of further curiosity, how many physical partitions do you have on the 970 Evo Plus SSD?
Only one, used for Windows, videos/photos and programs like Steam, Discord and etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts