Question Hi there, I"m looking for some more good games to play on PC!

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Something along the lines of Gorogoa, Darkwood, The Room series, Rusty Lake series, WoW, Beholder, Dark Chronicle, Fatal Frame... or something with home reno like Sims... I've tried a lot of games and found them lacking - but I bet someone out there knows the perfect game.... Comp won't run games like Red Dead or Dead by Daylight. Thanks in advance!

What are your PC specs? CPU and GPU. Will help avoid suggesting things you can't easily run :)

There are also guides out there on how to get games running on relatively weak hardware, including by Youtuber LowSpecGamer

In terms of home renovation / Sims, consider some survival games.

Fallout 4's settlements system, with mods to add extra things you can build and change gameplay, and making sure you keep your settlers happy, might appeal. FO4 is often on sale for a fiver too, maybe a tenner for the GOTY which includes the DLCs.

For that matter, Skyrim with its Hearthfires DLC might tickle your RPG and home reno interests. And it can run on pretty low end hardware.

No Man's Sky's creative mode if you just like building with no stress or threat, in sci-fi environments.

Not quite WoW/Dark Chronicle, but have you considered the ARPG genre? Path of Exile is free and very highly regarded.

Last edited:

Zoid

Community Contributor
Something along the lines of Gorogoa, Darkwood, The Room series, Rusty Lake series, WoW, Beholder, Dark Chronicle, Fatal Frame... or something with home reno like Sims... I've tried a lot of games and found them lacking - but I bet someone out there knows the perfect game.... Comp won't run games like Red Dead or Dead by Daylight. Thanks in advance!
You've got a variety of games listed there. Lets see... if you like dark, top-down survival games, how about Don't Starve? If you like puzzle / mystery games like The Room, what about classic Myst? If you like paranormal horror games like Fatal Frame, how about Alan Wake?

As for home reno, I agree with @Oussebon that Fallout 4's settlement builder can be surprisingly engrossing, especially with the help of some mods. Of course there's always Minecraft, or Stardew Valley as well.

Hi, I'll throw in a few but I'll more look forward to reading others recommendations. Its hard to know where to look when there are so many released every day now. I'll list some I've enjoyed that will run on most hardware, forgive me if theyre a bit too obvious.

Banner Saga series. Weird unique art style, atmospheric, interesting world, enjoyable turn based combat.

This War of Mine. Great style, emotional. Sort of survival game based in the ruins of a semi fictional city.

What Remains of Edith Finch. Walking simulator based around the stories of various members of a family.

Banished. Nice little city builder sort of in the old Settlers style, will run on a 2ghz dual core and dx9 card with 512mb VRAM.

ShadowRun Returns/Dragonfall. Based off the tabletop game. Turn based combat, fantasy crossed with William Gibson sci fi world

FTL: I mostly played it for the soundtrack, games got style!

I've also got but not yet played To The Moon, Gods Will be Watching, Inside. All of which sounded interesting but Ive not got around to yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoid

TRENDING THREADS