Help with Memory

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Hello friends, i was Gifted Asus Republic of Gamers its 2016 laptop but, i am happy better than potato PC i had :D . Specs are

Intel core i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60 GHZ (8CPUs) 2.6 GHZ
Memory 8 GB
IIntel 530 graphics
GTX 960M approx total memory 6GB, Display Memory 2GB, Shared Memory 4GB

so my problem is that , i can't play games , i can only use 2 GB GPU memory, i changed from intel to Nvidia and so on, can you help me to somehow use total or Shared Memory , help young fella not to go back to potato. THX a lot

I'm no laptop expert but In can tell you that the dedicated memory for your GPU is 2GB GDDR. Any shared memory is DDR system RAM shared with the 8GB in rest of the computer and is a lot slower than the dedicated memory for graphics. The system will overflow into that once the 2GB is full if theres any available. It might be that you are using a lot of system RAM up while gaming and none is available to help out the GPU.

In short you have a 2GB GPU.

Reactions: Frindis
Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
I'm no laptop expert but In can tell you that the dedicated memory for your GPU is 2GB GDDR. Any shared memory is DDR system RAM shared with the 8GB in rest of the computer and is a lot slower than the dedicated memory for graphics. The system will overflow into that once the 2GB is full if theres any available. It might be that you are using a lot of system RAM up while gaming and none is available to help out the GPU.

In short you have a 2GB GPU.
Thank you very much, the info is Logical i will try to manage somehow RAM and GPU

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
One thing which will help is to shut down every other program you have running, and disable any fancy gaming stuff like overlays, chats etc.

You want to free up as many resources as possible for your game.
I don't use it, but try Game Mode if you have Windows 10—it's supposed to help lower-end systems.
Thank you. i will try

Reactions: Frindis