Help with first build

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi all!

Let me start by appolagizing for this post because im sure its seen all too often.

So for background I have gamed all my life. My buddies and I waited in line for res 4 to drop on PS 2. Currently have a series X. Ive always had the latest consoles. Im looking to build a PC purely so I can play PS and PC exclusive games with some of my friends. Ive done TONS of research, but I've still never done it, and I live in an area where not much help is available. Im not looking for the latest and gratest by any means, just something that will play at 1080 with accaptable framerates. I have a friend who has a case and AMD cpu cooler he will give to me because he owes me some money. I am going to put my list of parts below, if I hit all the sales I should be right around $750-$800 for just the pc itself. If you guys could please give me any and all advice (constructive, slightly rude, positive, I just want to learn,) I would really appreaciate it.

Windows 10
AMD ryzen 5 3600 cpu
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3600ti gpu (8gb)
Gigabyte b450m motherboard
16gb DDR4-2400 (g-skill)
500gb NVMe SSD (intel)
1Tb hdd
Gigabyte P750GM PSU
4-5 fans

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
Hi all!

Let me start by appolagizing for this post because im sure its seen all too often.

So for background I have gamed all my life. My buddies and I waited in line for res 4 to drop on PS 2. Currently have a series X. Ive always had the latest consoles. Im looking to build a PC purely so I can play PS and PC exclusive games with some of my friends. Ive done TONS of research, but I've still never done it, and I live in an area where not much help is available. Im not looking for the latest and gratest by any means, just something that will play at 1080 with accaptable framerates. I have a friend who has a case and AMD cpu cooler he will give to me because he owes me some money. I am going to put my list of parts below, if I hit all the sales I should be right around $750-$800 for just the pc itself. If you guys could please give me any and all advice (constructive, slightly rude, positive, I just want to learn,) I would really appreaciate it.

Windows 10
AMD ryzen 5 3600 cpu
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3600ti gpu (8gb)
Gigabyte b450m motherboard
16gb DDR4-2400 (g-skill)
500gb NVMe SSD (intel)
1Tb hdd
Gigabyte P750GM PSU
4-5 fans
I would wait until April when Nvidia is due to release the RTX 4060. That card should have an MSRP of around $400. I would switch up to a B550 board and a Ryzen 5600. Skip the mechanical HD for now and go with a cheap 1TB SSD .. either an M.2 or SATA .. whichever is cheapest. You can always add a storage drive later on. btw what case did you have in mind?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PgcG3C/amd-ryzen-5-5600-36-ghz-6-core-processor-100-100000927box
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 $149.98 + $20 off w/ promo code BTSCP2654, limited offer

SSD

amd5600.jpg

TRENDING THREADS