Question Help with choosing gaming laptop

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
    • What is your budget? 1500$ (note: buying locally (non EU/US country, not internationally)
    • What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? prefer a big screen (not necessary, as I'm going to use an external screen).
    • What screen resolution do you want? (I'm not sure)
    • Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? (not portable)
    • How much battery life do you need? (2 hours; not extremely important)
    • Do you want to play games with your laptop? Yes. If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
  • Games such as "Ships at Sea" (coming soon), WoW. I'd like the best graphics settings (highest).
    • What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Streaming
    • How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? The largest the better (2 TB at least).
    • If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. (The site is in a foreign language). (KSP.CO.IL)
    • How long do you want to keep your laptop? (at least 5 years).
    • Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have a preference.
    • What country do you live in? Israel
    • Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm posting here several options. Please tell me your opinion. What about TGP?

• 1) Asus TUF Gaming F15 (2023) FX507VV
    13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-13620H Processor 2.4 GHz (24M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz, 10 cores: 6 P-cores and 4 E-cores)
    NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4060 Laptop GPU 8GB GDDR6
    2420MHz* at 140W (2370MHz Boost Clock+50MHz OC, 115W+25W Dynamic Boost)
    32GB (2x 16GB DDR5-4800 SO-DIMM)
    2TB PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD
    ---
    2). Asus TUF Gaming F15 (2023) FX507ZV4-HQ065
    12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H Processor 2.3 GHz (24M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 14 cores: 6 P-cores and 8 E-cores)
    NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4060 8GB GDDR6
    32GB (16GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM x2)
    ---

3) Asus TUF Gaming F17 (2023) FX707ZV4-LL034 - similar to #2 (but 17.3'')
    --
    4) Asus TUF Gaming F16 FX607JV-N3159
    13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-13650HX Processor 2.6 GHz 24M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz, 14 cores: 6 P-cores and 8 E-cores)
Thanks. I hope I have done everything according to the rules.

This site lists TGPs, but for only one of the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
    • What is your budget? 1500$ (note: buying locally (non EU/US country, not internationally)
    • What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? prefer a big screen (not necessary, as I'm going to use an external screen).
    • What screen resolution do you want? (I'm not sure)
    • Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? (not portable)
    • How much battery life do you need? (2 hours; not extremely important)
    • Do you want to play games with your laptop? Yes. If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
  • Games such as "Ships at Sea" (coming soon), WoW. I'd like the best graphics settings (highest).
    • What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Streaming
    • How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? The largest the better (2 TB at least).
    • If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. (The site is in a foreign language). (KSP.CO.IL)
    • How long do you want to keep your laptop? (at least 5 years).
    • Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have a preference.
    • What country do you live in? Israel
    • Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm posting here several options. Please tell me your opinion. What about TGP?

• 1) Asus TUF Gaming F15 (2023) FX507VV
    13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-13620H Processor 2.4 GHz (24M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz, 10 cores: 6 P-cores and 4 E-cores)
    ---
    2). Asus TUF Gaming F15 (2023) FX507ZV4-HQ065
    12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H Processor 2.3 GHz (24M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 14 cores: 6 P-cores and 8 E-cores)
    32GB (16GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM x2)
    ---

3) Asus TUF Gaming F17 (2023) FX707ZV4-LL034 - similar to #2 (but 17.3'')
    --
    4) Asus TUF Gaming F16 FX607JV-N3159
    13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-13650HX Processor 2.6 GHz 24M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz, 14 cores: 6 P-cores and 8 E-cores)
Thanks. I hope I have done everything according to the rules.

This site lists TGPs, but for only one of the above.
They are all very, very similar. I ignored the 3rd one because there was no TGP listed. Between the first two, the first one's CPU is just a little faster in game benchmarks, so I'd go with that one. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
They are all very, very similar. I ignored the 3rd one because there was no TGP listed. Between the first two, the first one's CPU is just a little faster in game benchmarks, so I'd go with that one. Can't go wrong with any of them.
Thanks. Appreciate that. The 1st CPU is the best of all four?

Just a couple of things to add . .... take a look at the running spec of games you intend to use , you dont want to be buying a new machine only to find out you have to put all the settings on low.

Laptops are very compact and if you have large fingers they can be awkward to upgrade parts , also , some builders are sneaky they put very fine wires on the case screws that will break as you open the machine so they will know if you have opened it to attempt something yourself.

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Just a couple of things to add . .... take a look at the running spec of games you intend to use , you dont want to be buying a new machine only to find out you have to put all the settings on low.

Laptops are very compact and if you have large fingers they can be awkward to upgrade parts , also , some builders are sneaky they put very fine wires on the case screws that will break as you open the machine so they will know if you have opened it to attempt something yourself.
From my very little knowledge I know that usually the only upgradable parts are memory cards and hard drives (all other parts are soldered?).
I just wonder, are there any games the laptops I mentioned cannot run at all (or at least on medium settings)?
If so, which laptop currently can run any game on at least medium settings?(the cheapest in price)
I honestly going to play mostly the upcoming "Ships at Sea", but I do want to have the option to run any game under reasonable settings.

This link is safe to click on it is an example of how you find out if a machine you have will run a game.
Note ... i typed can i run ships at sea into a browser.

Sometimes when you try to find out if you can run certain games instead of being shown a list of system requirements you might be asked to download a tiny program that will scan your laptop or desktop and it will tell you if you can run the game. Be very careful if you do this as their are a lot of fake " help buttons " on some sites.

From my very little knowledge I know that usually the only upgradable parts are memory cards and hard drives (all other parts are soldered?).
I just wonder, are there any games the laptops I mentioned cannot run at all (or at least on medium settings)?
If so, which laptop currently can run any game on at least medium settings?(the cheapest in price)
I honestly going to play mostly the upcoming "Ships at Sea", but I do want to have the option to run any game under reasonable settings.
They should be able to run anything on at least medium, just depending on your specific expectations for FPS. But 60 FPS on Medium will be doable on any reasonably optimized game.

Ships at Sea

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / Intel Core i7 10700
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 2060 / Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 25 GB available space
Yeah, those are mild, should have no problems even on High for SaS.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
I'm a bit confused. Can you write here the TGPs of each of the laptops I listed? Where did you check it?
You recommend the first laptop, but I can't find any TGP listed.
Here it says the 4th laptop (last one) has max GPU power 130W.
Did you make a mistake? Can you double check this please?
Anyone else can give some advice as well?

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. Can you write here the TGPs of each of the laptops I listed? Where did you check it?
You recommend the first laptop, but I can't find any TGP listed.
Here it says the 4th laptop (last one) has max GPU power 130W.
Did you make a mistake? Can you double check this please?
Anyone else can give some advice as well?
From the first two you listed.

140W TGP. Sorry for late reply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts