Help Wanted (Undergraduate Research on Gaming)

Hi!

We are a team of third year undergraduate students from the University of East Anglia. We are currently doing a research project for our dissertations looking at the topic around problematic gaming and its impact on psychological health and wellbeing. The study has been approved by the Psychology Research Ethics Committee at the University of East Anglia.

We have already asked for permission to recruit from a moderator on the forum, but we aren't too sure about specific rules on this forum, so we apologize in advance if there are any violations.

We are here to kindly ask you to help us to fill in the survey, every response helps!
Here is a link to our survey: https://ueapsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1YqSlj282yzjDXT
Thank you!

P.S. The response rate hasn't been great on other platforms, if you can spare some time and help us out, we will appreciate it very much.

The response rate hasn't been great on other platforms
That might be due to the negative slant of the survey, ie gaming causing problems in one's life. My guess is gamers get a lot of that attitude already and may therefore feel resistance.

A suggestion which might help: intersperse gaming-positive questions in the survey. You can always discard them for your analysis.

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
That might be due to the negative slant of the survey, ie gaming causing problems in one's life. My guess is gamers get a lot of that attitude already and may therefore feel resistance.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well put. I think there was an attempted lawsuit against a company, because a gamer went postal, in the last 5 years. The suit was tossed by a judge as frivolous, and ambiguous. He claimed that the plaintive would have to establish some sort of intent, and foreknowledge that the company knew that someone playing the game, would commit a crime, just because they used it. If this is the standard, then video games are forever safe from insane lawsuits of this type.

TRENDING THREADS