Help Building Custom PC 'Powerfull Competitive Gaming/streaming' Price: 3k - 4.5k EURO

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I need help from PC experts like you.
I'm looking for a Powerful Overkill Desktop. I'm a jack of all trades, so I need the desktop for allot of things. I edit videos / photos with adobe programs such as Adobe After Effect, Photoshop etc... I am also a programmer, I develop apps and websites, I need a faster CPU and for sure a faster GPU with as much vRAM & CUDA cores you can afford for Serious and heavy data crunching, + bots that runs 24/7 and for Streaming/gaming.

FPS is most important thing I want to have!
Most important is that I can use it for competitieve gaming.
Games I'will play and stream, for now it's shooter games like: Call Of Duty

Example of a desktop with allot of FPS: https://www.letsbld.com/ninja

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: by the end of April 2021 at the latest (the closer the better, but I can wait for better performance)
Budget Range: (e.g.: €3.000,- €4.500,- EURO) FOR: Custom PC Prebuilt (If recomended also a pc strictly for streaming) + Shipping
What will your machine be used for? (e.g.: Competitive Gaming, Streaming, data processing, developing, editing)
My Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 24.5 inch 1080p , I'm waiting to buy the 360Hz Monitor - NVIDIA G-SYNC)
Additional Comments: (e.g.: No need to have bling, looks, etc. I want to spend money on performance not look)
Excellent cooling system if needed for the performance

I WAN'T AMAZING 1.000.000+ FPS ;-)

If you guys recomend me to buy a machine (pc) strictly to handle encoding video for my stream then that can also, but the totaal price should stay between 3k,- 4.5k EURO .

Last edited:
Wait for ~November.

New GPUs from Nvidia and AMD due out shortly, and new CPUs from AMD.

No point planning the rest of the build until you are ready to purchase, because pricing and availability changes all the time. No reason to split hairs over SSD A or SSD B if SSD A is no longer available when you want to buy, or SSD C that is better than either of them has just released.

Reactions: Frindis and Bruzes
Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
Wait for ~November.

No point planning the rest of the build until you are ready to purchase, because pricing and availability changes all the time. No reason to split hairs over SSD A or SSD B if SSD A is no longer available when you want to buy, or SSD C that is better than either of them has just released.

Thank you, I was looking for such advice! I forgot to ask is it the right time to start buying my PC if I can wait tel 2021 but you gave me a very good explanation without asking it.

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
The core i9 10900k on google says it's overkill for gaming, so if you want good FPS I would personally go with the CPU and Graphics Card. Which as stated above, I didn't know a thing about the 2021 new graphics card since I don't have that much money. But, yeah, if you got the money make sure to get that. SSD are used for boot times which is really useful. But I would rather use on-bored, but those are expensive. I would suggest getting a normal 120-128 GB SSD then switching that into a "main drive" or in this case a slave, which would be 1 TB or more. The power supply I suggest stay from 500 - 650w for leeway. (This goes for most builds. ) and honestly, if you plan to overclock the i9 or whatever, (5.0 GHz if you do that.) then I suggest getting liquid cooling. Which seems intimidating, but if done correctly is great performance. Doing this will not weaken your CPU temps as it will actually prob be around 22 - 30 c which is great for those AAA+ games that take up a lot of resources. And may I quote, this is my information based on what I know/seen. Do not follow this exactly. The point of a PC is to make it yourself, then be proud of it soon afterwards. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to build mind since I got it as a gift. So I value mine less. But anyways, I hope this helps.

Reactions: Bruzes
The 10900k is overkill for gaming but the OP has other uses beyond gaming so it may be valid for them - especially streaming and video editing. If overclocking a 10900k, you will want above 5GHz or else you'll actually reduce performance under some workloads. There are different kinds of liquid cooling - and All In One / Closed Loop Cooler will do.

But, AMD's Zen 3 later this year may be a better option overall.

The OP will probably want multiple SSDs, configured for their editing work, as well as for the OS, programs, and favourite games.

Reactions: Bruzes
Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
The core i9 10900k on google says it's overkill for gaming, so if you want good FPS I would personally go with the CPU and Graphics Card. Which as stated above, I didn't know a thing about the 2021 new graphics card since I don't have that much money. But, yeah, if you got the money make sure to get that. SSD are used for boot times which is really useful. But I would rather use on-bored, but those are expensive. I would suggest getting a normal 120-128 GB SSD then switching that into a "main drive" or in this case a slave, which would be 1 TB or more. The power supply I suggest stay from 500 - 650w for leeway. (This goes for most builds. ) and honestly, if you plan to overclock the i9 or whatever, (5.0 GHz if you do that.) then I suggest getting liquid cooling. Which seems intimidating, but if done correctly is great performance. Doing this will not weaken your CPU temps as it will actually prob be around 22 - 30 c which is great for those AAA+ games that take up a lot of resources. And may I quote, this is my information based on what I know/seen. Do not follow this exactly. The point of a PC is to make it yourself, then be proud of it soon afterwards. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to build mind since I got it as a gift. So I value mine less. But anyways, I hope this helps.

first thank you for responding!I love hearing overkill but an important thing is I want overkill that can actually reach the overkill power. I’m not a expert but cooling and others parts matter allot when we use overkill parts. Also good point about liquid cooling. I have heard that cooling is a big part to reach overkill performance?
For the rest I like your information you gave! Btw I don’t really wanne go build on myself I don’t trust it because allot of pros builders have errors when I look it up on YouTube 🙈

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
The 10900k is overkill for gaming but the OP has other uses beyond gaming so it may be valid for them - especially streaming and video editing. If overclocking a 10900k, you will want above 5GHz or else you'll actually reduce performance under some workloads. There are different kinds of liquid cooling - and All In One / Closed Loop Cooler will do.

But, AMD's Zen 3 later this year may be a better option overall.

The OP will probably want multiple SSDs, configured for their editing work, as well as for the OS, programs, and favourite games.

Great Great Great! That’s important I don’t wanne waste money if I pay such a high price, it’s because I want to spend even my last penny on that performance. But performance that actually can reach the performance not in theory but also in practice. So thank you for letting me know this because this is what I need to be aware of. I’m not a expert but I have seen that best performance can sometimes not be best performance because of other parts that can’t deliver that performance. That’s why I also was thinking is liquid cooling important for better performance because one even told me that you can also do it without cooling but is that a good idea 😅 I think not?

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
Wait for ~November.

Hi,
The new AMD and Nvidia CPUs did they already come out or will there come new ones in November stil?

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I need help from PC experts like you.
I'm looking for a Powerful Overkill Desktop. I'm a jack of all trades, so I need the desktop for allot of things. I edit videos / photos with adobe programs such as Adobe After Effect, Photoshop etc... I'm also a programmer, I develop apps and websites, I need a faster CPU and for sure a faster GPU with as much vRAM & CUDA cores you can afford for Serious and heavy data crunching, + bots that runs 24/7 and for Streaming/gaming.

FPS is the most important thing I want to have!
Most important is that I can use it for competitive gaming.
Games I'will play and stream, for now it's shooter games like: Call Of Duty

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: by the end November 2020, Location: Belgium
Budget Range: (e.g.: €3.000,- €4.000,- EURO) FOR: Custom PC Prebuilt (If Recomended also a PC strictly for streaming) + Shipping
What will your machine be used for? (E.g.: Competitive Gaming, Streaming, data processing, developing, editing)
My Monitor Resolution: First monitor for gaming/work: (e.g.: 24.5 inch 1080p, 360Hz Monitor - NVIDIA G-SYNC), Second monitor for Streaming/Work (BenQ ZOWIE RL2460 - Gaming Monitor), third monitor for streaming/work/other (32 inch 2011 LED Smart TV)

Additional Comments: (e.g.: No need to have bling, looks, etc. I want to spend money on performance not look)
Excellent cooling system if needed for the performance.

If you guys recommend me to buy a machine (PC) strictly to handle encoding video for my stream, then that can also, but the total price should stay between 3k,- 4k EURO.
Let me know if you need more information. (I'm a noob in PC building)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: [RAZER EDITION] LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side
  • CC: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FAN: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Edition high performance CPU waterblock Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+138]
  • HDD: 512GB ADATA XPG ASX6000LNP-512GT-C PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1800/1200 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 180/200k [-9] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 6TB (6TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+61] (Single Drive)
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/4000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+240] (GSKILL Trident Z RGB [+45])
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING WiFi 6 ATX, ARGB, Intel 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe [+199]
  • MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more) [+99]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 3 to 4 Weeks
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TUNING: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3090 24GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None

TRENDING THREADS