Health is in the Game

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
Hello FellowGamers ,
I am trying to collect some information for an in idea that I am conceptulizing . I am thinking of linking a health app to a game engine . A simple use case
I clock 100 miles on a healthapp in a month and I get 1000 coins . Using those coins I can buy games,assets etc on a marketplace . Its a win win for all the stake holders . So if you can fill this short survey I can gauge the viability of this idea
HealthyGaming

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
This is a cool idea, like running around, restoring your health, you don’t have to spend all your time playing the game, but at the same time you get bonuses for the game. How soon do you plan to link these two applications?

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Hey, I admire your excitement for the concept! Timing relies on a few factors—development, testing, and making sure it's all smooth. Ideally, we'd want to roll it out when everything's polished and ready. Shooting for a fair timeframe, but quality comes first. You know how you can't rush a good thing? 🎮

Thx for your opinion. I have posted my idea on UE forums but I havent got any reply . Do you know how do I approach UE dev team ?

Welcome!

Probably come up with a good well-written proposal to show them. You probably will have to submit a couple of times because they have to determine whether or not you are coming to them with something legitimate, they disregard scammers/bots/etc. all the time.

I think you're idea is great, it would be sweet if it could also connect to VR games which have apps that are, to me, healthy playing, give you a sweat etc.

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Thx for your opinion. I have posted my idea on UE forums but I havent got any reply . Do you know how do I approach UE dev team ?
Okay, here's the thing if you're attempting to catch the attention of the UE dev team:

1. Go to their forums and pitch your concept with a clever title.
2. Give them the dirt - explain in detail why your proposal is sound.
3. Keep it professional and cool - developers value clarity and respect.
4. Participate in UE community discussions; perhaps they'll see your energy.
5. Social media is a thing; follow them on Twitter or anywhere.
If the issue is game-specific, Epic Games assistance may be worthwhile.
But, as you can see, patience is the name of the game. They're overworked, so give it some time. I hope your idea takes off! 🔥🕹️

If your only plan is just that people earn points by exercising, and they can spend the points in the shop/marketplace, that's not something you can market to Epic. That's a type of reverse monetization where you lose money every time someone moves in real life and is borderline insane. Why does Epic care if you exercise? I promise you they don't care. What should your sales pitch be? How this is going to drive more sales to the Epic store. Epic is losing money right now, and they aren't just going to pay everyone who logs into their site to exercise because it's a nice thing to do. You need to go into detail about how you are going to extract more money from the user than you have to pay them for their points. If Epic doesn't see a clear path to riches, they won't even begin to consider this.

Epic is not a healthcare company. They don't make exercise equipment. They aren't a gym franchisee. Are you going to be attracting the right people? Let's be clear, you aren't proposing an app. You are proposing a marketing campaign, and who this campaign would attract is of vital importance. Epic already has a colossally poor conversion rate. I fail to see how this is going to help. You need to make sure Epic does see the benefit.

And by the way, I worked in management and in consulting for many years with First Horizon, BB&T, Citibank, Answer Financial and SBS. I'm not living in my mother's basement.

Also, I have to assume you've done your research and realize that they already have a points program. They aren't going to start a second one. You will need to integrate this into the points program that they already have. The problem is that their current plan is much more financially viable as they only give you points when you make a purchase. You're asking them to give additional points for things like wandering around your house trying to figure out where you left your keys. That's a tough sell. (I suggest that people need to be going at least 4 mph to start accumulating points)

I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm trying to tell you what you are up against so you can be prepared. Good luck.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
Its beyond imagination , how it will prize the GameEngines . What I have noticed is that the Marketplace is getting a new inventory everyday . And I am sure UE would want to know its usage by Game developers . This will depend on the feedback that the Gamers would give when they actually start using it on different hardwares . So as a use case , if a gamer want to use new set of weapons which cost approx 100$ ...and leveraging the reward points he could save 20$ ....so he would actually spend the remaining 20$ on bullets .
As a indirect beneifit to UE I would say more usage of their inventory which would lt them know how the assets are behaving in their game engines with respect to rendering quality

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
If your only plan is just that people earn points by exercising, and they can spend the points in the shop/marketplace, that's not something you can market to Epic. That's a type of reverse monetization where you lose money every time someone moves in real life and is borderline insane. Why does Epic care if you exercise? I promise you they don't care. What should your sales pitch be? How this is going to drive more sales to the Epic store. Epic is losing money right now, and they aren't just going to pay everyone who logs into their site to exercise because it's a nice thing to do. You need to go into detail about how you are going to extract more money from the user than you have to pay them for their points. If Epic doesn't see a clear path to riches, they won't even begin to consider this.

Epic is not a healthcare company. They don't make exercise equipment. They aren't a gym franchisee. Are you going to be attracting the right people? Let's be clear, you aren't proposing an app. You are proposing a marketing campaign, and who this campaign would attract is of vital importance. Epic already has a colossally poor conversion rate. I fail to see how this is going to help. You need to make sure Epic does see the benefit.

And by the way, I worked in management and in consulting for many years with First Horizon, BB&T, Citibank, Answer Financial and SBS. I'm not living in my mother's basement.

Also, I have to assume you've done your research and realize that they already have a points program. They aren't going to start a second one. You will need to integrate this into the points program that they already have. The problem is that their current plan is much more financially viable as they only give you points when you make a purchase. You're asking them to give additional points for things like wandering around your house trying to figure out where you left your keys. That's a tough sell. (I suggest that people need to be going at least 4 mph to start accumulating points)

I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm trying to tell you what you are up against so you can be prepared. Good luck.
Your remarks and views are invaluable . I was so looking for such a feedback . I have approached a few health Apps and waiting for their feedback .

Yeah, what Zed said is right. But it's possible they may want to work something like that into their game engine so that game makers could create games that use something like that. It wouldn't work with monetized things, like in-game purchases. But just for a gimmick, it might work for something like buying health packs or potions in the game. The only way it would benefit Epic is just because having more features for their game engine makes more people want to use it.

The only area of concern is that you want to link it with a specific health app, and I kind of doubt if you have the rights to that app. So you're kind of talking about big business deals, negotiations, and contracts between epic and whoever owns that app.

Let us know how things go for you.

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, what Zed said is right. But it's possible they may want to work something like that into their game engine so that game makers could create games that use something like that. It wouldn't work with monetized things, like in-game purchases. But just for a gimmick, it might work for something like buying health packs or potions in the game. The only way it would benefit Epic is just because having more features for their game engine makes more people want to use it.

The only area of concern is that you want to link it with a specific health app, and I kind of doubt if you have the rights to that app. So you're kind of talking about big business deals, negotiations, and contracts between epic and whoever owns that app.

Let us know how things go for you.
Yes ..you hit the spot when you mention " having more features for their game engine makes more people want to use it" . I am presuming that any GameEngine would like to useup its inventory . Then they know where they have to scale up .
I will keep all you posted . Your feeback is certainly gaining traction .
ThankYou

TRENDING THREADS