Have you ever explored a bit of a game the devs forgot to finish and what happened

Ok so heres my contribution

Half life has some partially open doors and if you go through them you fall onto a green screen loop.

Dragon age ... forgot which one ..... when you have completed the game all the villages are on fire and you are invited to go and do all the side quests you did not complete , but of course you cant because all the locations are destroyed

HZD their are some cliffs you can slide down onto a frozen lake , if you try to go back up the games parameter's just bounce you back.

Satisfactory has areas i dont think you should be going into , their is a coast you can swim round the edge of and if you go too far the water disappears but you are still swimming , also their is a cave with a lake in it and if you go for a swim you go free fall green screen because the game parameters are not sealed.

Warframe ... water again lol , in one section of the game their are some lakes with unfinished parameters and in some , not all of them , if you jump into the lake you go green screen loop.

World of Warcraft: Before any expansions, we visited the world tree.
It was all textured mostly, just not really finished.

I don't know if escaping outside map in Journey counts as unfinished, its more "you not supposed to see it" sort of thing. I guess it was out of bounds, I never thought of it that way. It was just gaps in the world you could go through if you knew they were there.

I can't watch this

Dragon age ... forgot which one ..... when you have completed the game all the villages are on fire and you are invited to go and do all the side quests you did not complete , but of course you cant because all the locations are destroyed
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Dragon Age Origins, with the city of Denerim on fire and waves of Darkspawn that you had to fight through to get to the final battle with the Arch Demon. The rest of Ferelden has been swarmed over by the Darkspawn hordes, and so any side quests no completed will be no longer available. It's not missing content, just the way the game was designed.

its more "you not supposed to see it" sort of thing. I guess it was out of bounds, I never thought of it that way. It was just gaps in the world you could go through if you knew they were there.
That's been my experience as well (though not with Journey), especially in open world type games, where you might find a crack or a seam in whatever boundaries a developer uses to encase the "open world". Not really unfinished content, as you're just not supposed to go there (at least in my experience).

One experience I had was in the first Elex game at the very beginning, which was more of a tutorial on the game's controls (and before you get your jetpack), and I was trying to avoid fighting the 3 giant rats in front of a building I needed to enter. I ended up jumping/flopping my way up a tree to jump a fence because I'd seen a low balcony on the same building and figured I could sneak in the side. Patting myself on the back for being so clever, I tried to jump to the balcony, but hit an invisible wall. I couldn't get back over the fence because there wasn't any tree on this side. I tried to jump down the cliff (hoping I'd survive), but no, invisible wall again. I ended up having to reload a save because my "cleverness" got me stuck in an area I wasn't supposed to be in.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I remember way back in the early 16-bit era, there was some sort of racing game where you could design your own track. If you set up a big ramp near the edge of the map, you could make your car jump so far that it would go not just out of the bounds of the map, but out of the bounds of screen memory! (And I presume it wrote your little car's sprite all over random parts of main memory while doing it.)

I tried to hunt down a YouTube of it, but I'm afraid it was too long ago.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
Rainbow Six Siege, clip through the floor and then you just keep falling for a minute to the bottom of the map I'd say is best way to describe while you're watching everyone else run around through the floors and walls, eventually falling to your death.

Reactions: Pifanjr
across multiple different game engines. Its not a problem you solve once, unless that solution can be imported into other engines.

As video says, there are normally much bigger bugs to sqaush than the occasional person falling through a surface that is as solid as a balloon and only really exists in one direction. If everyone in game fell through the map, then Yes... it would be fixed for that game.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS