Guidelines for Links in Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
It's not a huge deal as I don't often include links, but yesterday one of my comments didn't get posted because (I assume) it included a link to an image hosted on Reddit. The image was not offensive in any way, so I imagine there's a policy maybe against Reddit links in general? Anyway, since it takes time for pending comments to clear, I'd much rather know what kinds of links are acceptable in PCG comments to begin with. Who can clarify?

Reactions: Alil kun

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
It's not a huge deal as I don't often include links, but yesterday one of my comments didn't get posted because (I assume) it included a link to an image hosted on Reddit. The image was not offensive in any way, so I imagine there's a policy maybe against Reddit links in general? Anyway, since it takes time for pending comments to clear, I'd much rather know what kinds of links are acceptable in PCG comments to begin with. Who can clarify?

I'm not seeing any posts from you in the forums yesterday. Was this related to Disqus comments? If so, many comments with links go to an approval queue, so posts may just not be approved yet. I can't really check that on this side without knowing more info, but hopefully, if this is about Disqus, that at least potentially explains your issue.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Oh, it's not super-important, obviously. Yes, it's a Disqus comment; it was pending for while but now it's labeled as "removed." Not sure why, is all. Here's the comment itself, for clarification:

"Obviously, the mystique of leaving her appearance to our imagination was the most appealing way to go. But as far as a somewhat more original vision goes, I find this one hard to beat."

I imagine it was the embedded link that ran afoul of some rule or system setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS