Question GTA 4 Low CPU and GPU usage

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I did some testing in gta 4 and apparently my CPU and GPU usage never go below or above 50 percent (average), if i play low graphics it stay at 50 percent, if a play with some better graphics it stay at 50 percent too, not even the fps change, low graphics 30 fps with drops, high graphics 30 fps with the same drops, i dont understand it. btw i have a 35% gpu bottleneck with an intel i5 1137g and a MX350, 8 gb ram

[Mod edit: added 'GTA 4 ' to title.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Sounds like a CPU bottleneck, really. 50% usage for a CPU is a bit dicey because CPUs often have multiple processors inside. Games often don't take advantage of all the processors so, even though the overall CPU usage is 50%, the processors the game can use are running at 100%.
Yeah but why am i getting frame drops at 50% gpu usage? I mean if i change the graphics it keeps at 50 percent, the only thing that change is vram usage which go down from around 45% to 25%. Isnt that some kind of power limitation? (knowing it is a laptop it may be reducing power to save battery even though im running plugged in) but i dont know, Ive heard some crazy stuff about it but i think most of them are bollocks

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Wait, so you lower the graphcs and BOTH the CPU and GPU stay at 50%!? Yeah, that's very strange right there.

Is there any setting for the drivers that could be capping framerates?

Is this happening with all games or just one?
Actually, it keeps floating, like the cpu goes from 22 percent up to idk 45ish, the gpu goes from 38 to 62ish even on low or high graphics

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Wait, so you lower the graphcs and BOTH the CPU and GPU stay at 50%!? Yeah, that's very strange right there.

Is there any setting for the drivers that could be capping framerates?

Is this happening with all games or just one?
The pc is new, just tested it with gta 4 and 5, gta 5 is more consistent like using more resources and stuff but in this case i think i get frame drops cause of my ram, in gta 5 it is at 95 percent usage while in gta 4 it is like 70ish

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts