Question gpu usage is not really stable

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
my gpu usage in some games not 90%
I have a 144hz and the usage be sometimes like 60% and I get 120fps
for an example in Warframe the frames be 120/130 and usage is 70%
and vsync is off and nothing in background
and after a little bit usage go to 95% and I get 144+ fps and in GTA v i get 90fps even tho usage is like 75%
my specs
i5 10400f
gtx 1660ti
h510m s2h
16gb ram
and my cpus usage is low so not a bottleneck and each core usage is not high at all also
please help it's annoying

I would have said single thread CPU limit at the time of the dip. All the games you mention are MMO's and those are known to hit the CPU harder than single player action games at times.

If that's not the case, no idea. Have you tried switching between fullscreen and borderless windowed to see if it helps?

Honestly doesnt sound like much to worry about, dipping to 90FPS shouldnt matter in GTA 5. Not being snarky but maybe try turning off the OSD and seeing if you still notice anything.

Reactions: Brian Boru

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
I would have said single thread CPU limit at the time of the dip. All the games you mention are MMO's and those are known to hit the CPU harder than single player action games at times.

If that's not the case, no idea. Have you tried switching between fullscreen and borderless windowed to see if it helps?

Honestly doesnt sound like much to worry about, dipping to 90FPS shouldnt matter in GTA 5. Not being snarky but maybe try turning off the OSD and seeing if you still notice anything.
I checked single cores of CPU and none got a high usage
and what is OSD? u mean OCD xD?

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
No :) On Screen Display. Its whatever monitoring software youre using that shows you CPU/GPU usage. Maybe if you didnt see the numbers it wouldnt seem as bad.

Or is your monitor not Freesync/Gsync and its causing tearing
it's not tearing and yea if I turned OSD it's not gonna feel as bad but still gonna feel not so smooth
I think it maybe just different game areas or maps

TRENDING THREADS