Good and bad game bugs

Games are so complex thats its almost impossible for them to be perfect here are a few bugs to get the thread started.

The bad.
In part of warframe their are a few pools in one location that have never been fixed , if you jump in them you fall into a green screen loop because you were never meant to do it.
In some of the half life games you can squeeze whrough doors you were never meant to go in and again a green screen loop.

The good
In one of the far cry somebody forgot to make an end of playing area marker on the map so you could go for a swim and if you did it long enough you would eventually appear on the far side of the same island.
In one of the dragon age you could jump behind a building and wedge yourself into a corner to escape fires and eveything that wanted to kill you.

In some games that involve going up or down mountains etc its possible to enter areas the programmers never intended you to go into just by altering you view angle , you can jump up mountains without sliding back or slide down a series of high peaks without falling and dying. I have done this in skyrim and horizon zero dawn.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
Bad game bugs are pretty constant. There's always something! Many of them aren't worth reporting, though, never mind researching and fixing. I was playing Gal Civ 3 last night when, in the middle of my turn, the 'your first capital ship' video suddenly got played. I don't have anything near that big yet and I didn't get a gift from some event, either.

Good game bugs are rare but can happen. For instance, in No Man's Sky, if you try to throw a punch just as you take a running leap, it will make you shoot forward faster than normal running speed. Clearly a bug. They probably should have just had some little rocket-assist or whatever to let you travel faster when you want. However, getting the timing right on that punch isn't trivial - it takes some practice to do it reliably. It becomes a little mini-game to access faster speed! Much more interesting than press-thumb-button-to-go-faster! Kuddos to Hello for recognizing what they had instead of just reflexively fixing the issue!

I do one at 3:55 in this video:
View: https://youtu.be/qqpJgp0xgW8?t=235

The absolute worst kind of bug is when you get stuck in a spot that you can't jump out of. One time in Skyrim, I got stuck in a crevice that you're not meant to go to, and I couldn't get out of it. I hadn't saved in a long time, and even the last autosave was in an awkward place. I had to reload from a much earlier spot just to get out of that. I was not happy at all.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was mad enough to not reload the game. I never use cheats, but I found an anti-gravity keyboard command, and I just levitated to a safer spot and went on.

Zloth

Community Contributor
There's worse. If a game that only allows one save corrupts that save, you've got to start the entire game over.

Or a bug (likely in the video card driver) that lets your GPU try to render 3000 frames per second, components overheat, and the video card is ruined.

Hi to WoodenSaucer ... I had your problem in a few games , in both skyrim and horizon zero dawn i dropped into crevices i could not get out of , i also fell inside an unsealed cube structure in manifold garden. In all 3 cases i used what you called anti gravity command , commonly known as no_clip.

Warning if you use a games no clip command to get you out of trouble you must be VERY careful where you cancel its function , if you are the wrong way up on outside some buildings when you cancel it , you can get into a free fall green screen loop that never stops.

In Satisfactory there was a bug in what happened if you tried to clip parts together in a particular way that people were using to create really cool things. The developer only found this out after fixing the bug. After seeing what people were doing with it, they put the bug back into the game.

Zloth

Community Contributor
A similar thing happened in X4, though I think it was more a matter of 'we need to fix other things right now' than the developers not knowing it was happening. When they did get time to fix it, they put in an option that lets the player ignore clipping so parts can merge into each other. If you put a landing bay in that's completely incased in a bigger part, that's your own problem.

TRENDING THREADS