(If a mod wants to move this, I'm fine with that)

But have you guys seen the Globle game? It's similar to Worldle, but a lot better in my opinion.

🌎 May 6, 2022 🌍
🔥 1 | Avg. Guesses: 14
⬜🟧🟨🟨🟥🟥🟥🟧
🟥🟨🟥🟧🟥🟩 = 14

#globle

Reactions: Brian Boru
Got it in 6 this time. I disagree. I think this one is much better. It's easier for me because you can see where things are at on the globe. It's a lot easier for me to visualize things. You're just narrowing down guesses instead of trying to guess by the shape of the nation. I do agree it would be better if they helped you with spelling, like the other one. But everyone will have their own preferences.

🌎 May 7, 2022 🌍
🔥 2 | Avg. Guesses: 10
⬜🟥🟥🟥🟥🟩 = 6

#globle

You're just narrowing down guesses instead of trying to guess by the shape of the nation
My main guesswork in WorLdle is based on the direction and distance hints each time, not the shape. If I know the shape, I usually have it in 1 or 2—if not, then it's guesswork, narrowing down via the hints.

Of course I used to play with a globe and was fascinated by the whole geography thing, so I already have a lot of the globe in my head. Without that, then Globle could indeed be better.

I'll give it a few goes, maybe I'll warm to it :)

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
My main guesswork in WorLdle is based on the direction and distance hints each time, not the shape. If I know the shape, I usually have it in 1 or 2—if not, then it's guesswork, narrowing down via the hints.

Of course I used to play with a globe and was fascinated by the whole geography thing, so I already have a lot of the globe in my head. Without that, then Globle could indeed be better.

I'll give it a few goes, maybe I'll warm to it :)
Haha. Well, I'm not great at geography. I'm pretty good with US geography. I can click all of the states on a blank map with no outlines. I can pick out random states just by its individual outline. I'm great with all of the capitals, and where they are on a map. But you get outside of the US, and I pretty much suck, other than the main countries everyone knows.

If you're good at US states, try this:

I spotted that there's a clue at the bottom of the screen which differentiates between guesses of the same color—that helps.

I used to play with a globe as a kid. When I read a book, I'd look up places in an atlas, same with lots of other excuses. So a lot of mud, some of which is still stuck :)
I've pretty much mastered certain aspects of US geography, but I royally suck at the world, other than the major, well-known countries. But this is making me want to look at a map and start memorizing where countries are.

I don't get it. It seems like it's just shear luck.
🌎 May 12, 2022 🌍
🔥 2 | Avg. Guesses: 6.5
⬜🟨🟧🟥🟧🟥🟥🟥
🟩 = 9

#globle
I think getting in the under 5 club is definitely going to involve luck.

I'm actually taking a break from playing this. I'm currently working on cramming world Geography. Between yesterday and today, I've mastered where the countries are in all of the Americas, including the Caribbean, and also all of Europe. I'm making pretty good progress.

Did you know there is a country called St. Kitts and Nevis?

Did you know there is a country called St. Kitts and Nevis?
Yep, it crops up in quizzes and such, since it's the smallest independent country in the western hemisphere. I spent a little time in the Caribbean atlas while watching Bill Nighy's wonderful Johnny Worricker thriller trilogy—he hides on Turks & Caicos in the 2nd movie.

It seems like it's just shear luck
Yeah… A bit of skill to narrow down region, but whether it's Belgium or Holland or Luxembourg or Liechtenstein—that's probably only luck.

However… getting 10 bright reds in a row is all skill!

it takes skill to know exactly where all the countries are in that region
Okay, but it's luck whether you hit the right nearby country in 6 or 12 turns. Example with latest, it was next to a country I picked, which has plenty of neighbors—lucky it only took me 2 rather than 6 guesses.

See my first 'almost there' in turn 5? Luck that I picked the right direction from there 3 turns later.

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
Okay, but it's luck whether you hit the right nearby country in 6 or 12 turns. Example with latest, it was next to a country I picked, which has plenty of neighbors—lucky it only took me 2 rather than 6 guesses.

See my first 'almost there' in turn 5? Luck that I picked the right direction from there 3 turns later.
If they would add two features, the game would be perfect. They need to have autocomplete when you start typing the name of the country, like Worldle. And it would also be cool if they'd give you the direction of the country from the one you chose. That would take some of the luck factor out of it.

• Love

TRENDING THREADS