Question Gift for my Son - Looking for the best gaming laptop in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2023
Visit site
Hello to all members,

i am sure everyone will be fine. The purpose of creating this special thread is that on 2nd Feb , my son's birthday is coming and he loves to play high-end games. Currently, he has a desktop PC but I want to gift him a super gaming laptop. I am not mu h technical in specs and etc but I can ony tell that currently I can spend 3k GBP.

Now , kindly suggest any laptop for gaming so I could give him a surprise. I am sure I will get amazing suggestions from the awesome members.

Firstly will you adopt me:)
If you are serious then I wouldn't buy him a laptop if he already has a desktop.
Choosing a gaming PC especially a high end one is based on personal choice.

Overclockers UK offer gift cards

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 22, 2023
Visit site
Firstly will you adopt me:)
If you are serious then I wouldn't buy him a laptop if he already has a desktop.
Choosing a gaming PC especially a high end one is based on personal choice.

Overclockers UK offer gift cards

Actually he has desktop bt that is not much good for the gaming and that's why I am gonna gift him a gaming laptop. Once, I was asking him randomly about his choice about the gaming and he told me he would love to have laptop and that's why I cam here. Now I go through the above list and I also find a gaimng laptop as well which is https://www.laptopradar.co.uk/produ...amd-ryzen-9-5980hx-rtx-3070-32gb-ram-1tb-ssd/ . Its falling under the budget as well. whats your thought on it? till then let me check the above list as well.

If it were me, I would probably go for something like this:

ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533ZX 15.6" WQHD 240Hz Gaming Laptop (Intel i9-12900H, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11) https://amzn.eu/d/8ruiNFg

Amazon did have a 4k laptop too but I think QHD is probably better on a laptop. Personally, that is.

The one you had linked was only 1080p and it looks like you are mainly paying for the unique screen arrangement.

The other thing worth noting is the 40-series nvidia cards will be in laptops in a few weeks.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Would he really like a laptop? A desktop is better in just about every way. It will last longer, be upgradable in the future, and perform faster than an equivalent priced laptop.

The only advantage to a laptop is if portability is an absolute must, or if space is at an absolute minimum.

I know Sager ^^ are highly rated for laptops, or used to be.

Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS