Getting BSOD more frequently than before

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I started getting BSODs more frequently now they are usually tied to Memory as errors are
MEMORY MANAGEMENT ERROR
KERNEL INPAGE ERROR
They are frequent when I have opened too many tabs in the browser but it wasn't always like that.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($190.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Silicon Power P34A60 256 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($20.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE OC GeForce GTX 1650 G6 4 GB Video Card
Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SilentiumPC Vero L2 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Power supply is l3 600W SPC266 but couldn't find it in PCpart picker
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: iiyama G-MASTER BLACK HAWK 24.5" 1920 x 1080 75 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($9.97 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech M90 Wired Optical Mouse ($7.80 @ Amazon)
Total: $463.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-26 17:07 EDT-0400

Thank you all in advance for any tips and advice

frequent when I have opened too many tabs in the browser but it wasn't always like that
Browser update may have caused that, so first thing to do is change to another browser.
Chrome was recently a known memory hog, so don't change to that. As far as I know Firefox fixed the major memory leaks that plagued it for many years, but maybe avoid that too for this test.

Other thing to do is open Task Manager and see what your Memory utilization says—should be 30-40% without anything heavy running.

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Yes without anything running, as you said it is 40-50%.
I also got an error in a notification tab that I need to scan my drives for errors, but when I click it doesn't open anything I did scan ram using the win 10 memory diagnostic tool, but it didn't show anything. I checked drive D (HDD) with the scan and repair command at the start of the PC, it scanned and fixed it. I think I'll do the same for other drives as well.
Thank you for your advice and future assistance in this matter.
Also if it matters I'm using the Brave browser.

Reactions: Brian Boru
KERNEL INPAGE ERROR
this could be a page file error. The page file is on C drive.
Memory to windows includes the page file. Its used when your PC is low on ram. So both errors could be the drives.

I don't see any drive tests here from Silicon Power - https://www.silicon-power.com/web/ir/software
you could run Crystaldiskinfo (blue icons) - https://crystalmark.info/en/ - it will show the SMART scores which all drives automatically reveal.

Samsung make Magician to test their drives - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I've made screenshots of the Crystal Disk info test on all 3 drives C(M.2 SSD main drive) D(HDD) and E newest one (SSD) but I don't see any option to attach them to the post.

SMART isn't perfect, it just reports what drive tells it. If the problem is hardware related, like the controller chip on ssd, for instance.... it can't tell there is a problem.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
windows can't tell if its hardware either but looking at dumps might show something

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I've set the options for minidump to be created now waiting for BSOD it's been some time without one(I just got one as I was setting up one drive zip file to share here) but last weekend my screen went black and showed no connection sign and then PC restarted itself it crashed mid game. I'll post the minidump file when it appears. I've some there already I can post those to see if they help
I also get this notification from time to time in the picture below but when I click it doesn't do anything:

And here is the link for the dump files:

Sorry for such late reply :c

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
windows can't tell if its hardware either but looking at dumps might show something

I noticed that after the new BSOD, it didn't add anything to the minidump folder but maybe those earlier posted will help

TRENDING THREADS