Getting a new laptop in Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey everyone, :)

I am new here, nice to meet you! I am thinking about buying a new laptop, but I don't really know a lot about PC hardware, maybe I know what a GPU and a CPU is but that's it.

I would like to get some help to choose which laptop is best for me. So to give you an idea of what I need, I use Illustrator and Photoshop a lot and I would like to be able to play the current games, my budget is 800$ - 900$
I would have preferred to get desktop which I personally think is better, but I don't have space for it... :(

Thank you :D

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity—added "in Morocco".]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to be able to play the current games, my budget is 800$ - 900$
That will probably be difficult to achieve, apart from playing at low settings. I know very little about the current market, so while you're waiting for someone knowledgeable to reply, check out the #5 MSI GS66 Stealth in this article:

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey @Brian Boru

If am not mistaken those are some strong and high budget laptops, I don't really want a super laptop, just something that can run current games at low/medium settings since I don't have a high budget.

Sorry I think I didn't explain myself well in the first post

Scroll down near the end to the "Round up of today's best deals" section, just above the author's bio.

vtysS4v.png

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Thank you! :)

Maybe this is the one that would work for me, what specs do you think I should look for that would work for me while keeping in mind the 800-900 budget, this will help me learn more about PC hardware.

I am open for other suggestions. :D
Thanks!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Definitely don't get the $945 one. It shows a picture of a laptop, but it's actually just a laptop motherboard.

Go to Amazon and type "3050 laptop" in the search bar. Preferably look for one that has a 3050 ti GPU.

2022 Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming Laptop 15.6" FHD IPS 120Hz, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (Beats i7-10850H), GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Graphics, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Wireless-AX, Windows 11

I don't know if that link will work or not, but that's a very solid laptop in your price range. If you don't like this one, look for one with the same or similar specs. The CPU doesn't have to be a Ryzen, but the GPU, RAM and SSD are all where you need to be.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey @ZedClampet thank you!

This one looks like what I need, I think I am starting to learn the basics about PC hardware, and I think I really like this one.

So I did some research to find one here where I live and I was shocked, well, I know that the prices are a bit high here compared to EU or US but to find the price x2, I didn't expect that.

To give you an idea I found a laptop somewhat similar to the one you showed me and it's at the equivalent of 1500$ that's insane...

The specs :

MARK LENOVO
REFERENCE SUPPLIER LEGION 5 15ITH6 82JK0045FE
PROCESSOR INTEL CORE I5
PROCESSOR MODEL INTEL® CORE I5-11400H
FREQUENCY 4.5GHZ,
SCREEN SIZE 15,6"
HDD CAPACITY SSD 512
GRAPHIC CARD NVIDIA® GEFORCE RTXTM 3050 TI
OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS

I will keep looking for a cheaper one with some decent specs, even though I liked to one you showed me a lot.
I will post here the laptops I find interesting and I will appreciate if you help me choose which one will be best for me.

Thank you!

Reactions: ZedClampet
Hey @ZedClampet thank you!

This one looks like what I need, I think I am starting to learn the basics about PC hardware, and I think I really like this one.

So I did some research to find one here where I live and I was shocked, well, I know that the prices are a bit high here compared to EU or US but to find the price x2, I didn't expect that.

To give you an idea I found a laptop somewhat similar to the one you showed me and it's at the equivalent of 1500$ that's insane...

The specs :

MARK LENOVO
REFERENCE SUPPLIER LEGION 5 15ITH6 82JK0045FE
PROCESSOR INTEL CORE I5
PROCESSOR MODEL INTEL® CORE I5-11400H
FREQUENCY 4.5GHZ,
SCREEN SIZE 15,6"
HDD CAPACITY SSD 512
GRAPHIC CARD NVIDIA® GEFORCE RTXTM 3050 TI
OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS

I will keep looking for a cheaper one with some decent specs, even though I liked to one you showed me a lot.
I will post here the laptops I find interesting and I will appreciate if you help me choose which one will be best for me.

Thank you!
Wow, that stinks about the pricing. Just send your money to @Brian Boru and he'll ship it to you :ROFLMAO:

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Wow, that stinks about the pricing. Just send your money to @Brian Boru and he'll ship it to you :ROFLMAO:

If only it was that easy :LOL:

What country? We might have member(s) there who can help with local knowledge.

I am from Morocco, some guidance will always be appreciated.
Thank you!

No problem. Include $2,000 for shipping & handling, inflation is hitting supply chain bribes badly.

At this point I won't be surprised if it's true :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey,

Today I went to a store and I foud laptop with the specs that I am lookin for :

MSI KATANA GF66
15.6" FHD 144Hz
Intel core i7-11800H
RAM 16GB
SSD 512 GB
Nvidia GTX 3050 4GB
Price : ~1700$

I dont know anymore if it's the normal price here or if it's overpiced, I am confused o_O

I don't like this idea but do you think I should go for a used laptop, that will be cheaper but the risk will be high :(

Hey,

Today I went to a store and I foud laptop with the specs that I am lookin for :

MSI KATANA GF66
15.6" FHD 144Hz
Intel core i7-11800H
RAM 16GB
SSD 512 GB
Nvidia GTX 3050 4GB
Price : ~1700$

I dont know anymore if it's the normal price here or if it's overpiced, I am confused o_O

I don't like this idea but do you think I should go for a used laptop, that will be cheaper but the risk will be high :(
To me, that seems ridiculously priced, but prices are different for you. I don't like the small SSD (although you can buy an external one to supplement it) or the 3050 GPU. I'm not comfortable recommending those specs at that price no matter where you live.

As for a used laptop, if you can get one that isn't that old and has better specs for a better price, I would do it. If it breaks down, you can always fix it or get someone else to fix it. There's more risk there, but also a lot more reward.

After thinking more about it, I'm uncomfortable recommending the 3050 mobile GPU, period. I would look for at least the 3050 ti, which shouldn't be much more expensive at all. Also, when you are looking at the specs of a laptop, see if you can figure out what the TGP is. That varies from laptop to laptop and is very important info. It tells you the maximum power the laptop will let the GPU have.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Exactly the prices are super high and the worst thing is that they're approximately the same in every store, I can't even come up with an explanation for all these high prices...

So the SSD should me more than 512GB and the 3050 is not worth it, Noted! (And I was here thinking about lowering my standards and going for a GTX1650 :LOL::ROFLMAO:)
Getting a used one seems to be the correct choice, since buying that at 1700$ is just insane.
I dont know if the difference in price between new and useb will be significant but we'll see.

I actually learn a lot just by looking for a laptop, for example, I didn't know that TGP is that important, thanks to you now I will look it up, and there is this MUX switch it's seems pretty helpful but I don't know if it's that important.

Thanks! :D

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Get a Mac or Legion with Rtx 3060 and ryzen 7. This is a very nice laptop that I use all the time to work and manage my business. I also went through a lot with this laptop, such as the crisis and the subsequent growth of my firm, thanks to the website, which helped me out of this very crisis, also you can look here if you need help as I needed in my time. The laptop is versatile, you can play new games, and you can work.

Hey @GeezerviserBom thank you,

I learned more about PC hardwars just by trying to find what would work for me, so the problem now is I somewhat know what I want but the prices are riduculous here where I live, to give you an idea, for example let's say a laptop X cost 900$ in the US or EU, well it will be 1800$ here if not more. It has been months now and I still can't get one, I just hope the prices will drop in December

I learned more about PC hardware just by trying to find what would work for me, so the problem now is I somewhat know what I want, but the prices are ridiculous here where I live, to give you an idea, for example, let's say a laptop X cost 900$ in the US or EU, well it will be 1800$ here if not more.
It has been months now and I still can't get one, I just hope the prices will drop in December

Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS