Question Garry's Mod Error: Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
I just bought a new ibuypower gaming computer so I could do some graphic designing and so my 10-year-old son could play Gmod. I have everything set up and I love the computer, but every time my son plays Gmod it crashes the computer with the Blue Death Screen and the Error Message above (Clock_Watchdog_Timeout). Sometimes he plays for 10 minutes other times 45 mins then it crashes. He always just plays alone in sandbox. He does not join servers and it is not crashing every time he spawns one thing, it is always different times. We tried playing other games to see if the issue was Steam, but so far we only get crashes in Gmod.
I have completely wiped the game of all workshop content, verified the integrity of the game files, uninstalled both Gmod and Steam, disconnected my Huion in case that was messing it up somehow. I spoke with the tech guys from where I got the computer, but as this is most likely a software issue, the warranty does not cover this and they want a lot of money just to look into it, so no help there. Below are my computer specs, if anyone can give me any info I appreciate it.
Thank you for your time.

Device name DESKTOP-1KI1BH9
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID DBD01BCC-9BB8-4558-99E3-1379A55B8DA0
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA413
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎7/‎8/‎2021
OS build 19043.1237
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "Error: Clock_Watchdog_Timeout...Hoping someone can help...".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also posted on Steam:

Hmm, that's an ancient game, so unlikely to be a hardware shortfall. Nevertheless, the experts here will want to know more—especially about GPU, PSU and storage—so please add in the info suggested here:

Quick search I did suggests this is an old error and very difficult to diagnose & solve via a forum. You may have to bite the bullet and have it looked at by a pro.

It's bad form to post on multiple communities without letting them know you're doing so, so please bear that in mind for the future. That said, if no one here or on Steam can help, you could try a last shot on Tom's Hardware forums—those guys know their stuff.

My very amateur guess is you have a piece of hardware which isn't quite right, maybe CPU or RAM, and unfortunately it could prove difficult to solve. Best of luck!

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
Also posted on Steam:

Hmm, that's an ancient game, so unlikely to be a hardware shortfall. Nevertheless, the experts here will want to know more—especially about GPU, PSU and storage—so please add in the info suggested here:

Quick search I did suggests this is an old error and very difficult to diagnose & solve via a forum. You may have to bite the bullet and have it looked at by a pro.

It's bad form to post on multiple communities without letting them know you're doing so, so please bear that in mind for the future. That said, if no one here or on Steam can help, you could try a last shot on Tom's Hardware forums—those guys know their stuff.

My very amateur guess is you have a piece of hardware which isn't quite right, maybe CPU or RAM, and unfortunately it could prove difficult to solve. Best of luck!
Thank you so much, I will try Tom's Hardware and add in the missing info you suggested.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS