Gaming Laptop for College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
  • [Mod edit: OP, please message a moderator if you need this thread reopened.]

• What is your budget? - $1,000 to $1,500
  • What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.3” - 17”
  • What screen resolution do you want? 144 hz
  • Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
  • How much battery life do you need? 6-8 hours I suppose
  • Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)? - Mainly Minecraft - high - at a competitive level so frame drops are not acceptable - may get into other competitive games in the future
  • What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) - School work for college
  • How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? - 512 GB or more, can settle for 256 GB though
  • If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - Been looking at many different MSI and Asus models
  • How long do you want to keep your laptop? - 4+ years throughout college
  • Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - No preference
  • What country do you live in? - US

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Femt :)

I don't know much about specific laptops, but you should find good info in this post:

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
Some people who reply only know the names of companies and repeat those in every thread. They not overly helpful.

Asus is their favorite brand name. They offer it in every thread.

I have never had a laptop, so I can't offer any suggestions besides the link Brian offered.

NOTE: Anyone else who just says a brand name will have posts removed. Try harder.

Ah I figured. Trying to find a model that fits the specs I want and is in my budget and people just reply with a brand name xD

Jul 1, 2021
Visit site
Check out Asus TUF FX505GT-AB73. I personally bought it recently for studying and my favorite
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance, which works great on this laptop.
As for the quick specs: 6GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel I7 and it works approximately 5.5 - 6 hours for me. The game loads quite quickly and the graphics is amazing, so you might take this model into account. I looked through some articles, when I was choosing it, so here is the article on laptops under 1000$. You might check pros and cons of this model there as I haven't noticed anything bad.
Hope it would be helpful for you. Keep us updated

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021
Visit site
  • What is your budget? - $1,000 to $1,500
  • What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.3” - 17”
  • What screen resolution do you want? 144 hz
  • Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
  • How much battery life do you need? 6-8 hours I suppose
  • Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)? - Mainly Minecraft - high - at a competitive level so frame drops are not acceptable - may get into other competitive games in the future
  • What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) - School work for college
  • How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? - 512 GB or more, can settle for 256 GB though
  • If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - Been looking at many different MSI and Asus models
  • How long do you want to keep your laptop? - 4+ years throughout college
  • Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - No preference
  • What country do you live in? - US
I recommend lenovo thinkpad, because it can upgrade the components

Reactions: gamersmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS