Gaming ear buds

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2021
Visit site
So I recently bought hyperx gaming earphones and I've been getting some ear pain when i remove them (not so much when they are in). I've tried switching out the size of the earbuds but the bigger one is too big and the smaller one is falling out of my ears.I've tried multiple over ear headphones and I just dont like the feeling of them over my ears. Do you think I should keep these and hope my ears adjust or should I look into some other ones or perhaps on ear headphones?

which version?

only headset I have is from Steelseries, I don't use them very often.

strange getting sore ears afterwards.

May 27, 2021
Visit site
I think you understood me wrong. I said i dont like over ear headphones. I haven't tried on ear yet and as for earbuds I've had the samsung earbuds that come with the phone and they were great never had any issues until they broke,so I guess that shape fits me more or something not sure. Dont know if I should return these and look into some other ones or perhaps on ear headphones.

Reactions: tadashiiiiiiiiii
oh, Sorry about that.

yeah. I am not an expert on headphones, so i did forget the difference between on ear and over ear. I had to look it up.

i used in ear for years. I found them easiest to block out noise.
Only headphones I have now are over ear. Not sure I ever used on ear, probably in the past.

hmm, its hard to find an article thats just on ear, they most seem to ignore my search and show over ear, like most of these - https://www.t3.com/au/features/best-gaming-headsets

i should have been specific, none of the in ear are gaming headsets.

I meant I have been using in ear headphones for listening to music mostly ever since Walkman's were a thing (shows his age) but I recently swapped to over ear since mobiles have all gone wireless.

right now when I listen to music I use a pair of over ear travel headphones - https://en-au.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphone-headset-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-pxc-550-travel - these do have a microphone,

I haven't ever tried to game in them so not sure its possible

these are the Gaming headsets I have - https://www.pccasegear.com/products...-v2-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-gaming-headset

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
What kind of over-ear models have you tried? Anything premium-priced? My ears are fairly rectangular-shaped but I've found that a large circle cup fits my ear best. I just got the new Corsair Virtuoso RGB XT and it fits great... although I do have to almost max out the headband... so maybe I'm a fat head. But I can wear it for hours with little fatigue. There is a limit. I've DJ'd a bunch, and headphone comfort is important to me, but I might be more forgiving now because of it. My point is that I've never found in-ear monitors comfortable... ever. You need to spend some dosh and get them professionally fitted for that seem viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS