Games with hotkeys?

Zloth

Community Contributor
I don't get what you mean by hot keys? Do you just mean the RTS convention of selecting a bunch of units then assigning them all to a single key press? Sacrifice and the newer (meaning not-1980's) BattleTech games both did that, but those were essentially 3D RTS games.

Reactions: Danuartagame07
Do you mean things like rubber banding leading to quick unit group selection, assigning keys to map locations, next unit, previous unit, jump to attack location, etc?

FPSs have hotkeys for selecting individual weapons and ordnance, for healing and crouching and running, for bringing up the map, etc.

4X like Civ have plenty also—next idle worker, next wounded unit, next unit with a promotion available, next city etc.

May 16, 2021
Visit site
I mean games that are more accessible to the keyboard, so if you would choose. Something like Diablo or MMOs, where 'I' brings up Inventory, 'P' for Party.

In RTSs, it's pretty much a must-have. Minecraft/Terraria and crafting games have 1-10. But I was kinda hoping for games in a different genre that goes above and beyond to include keyboard hotkeys.

It's not like I can say "every PC game has hotkeys."

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I mean games that are more accessible to the keyboard, so if you would choose. Something like Diablo or MMOs, where 'I' brings up Inventory, 'P' for Party.

In RTSs, it's pretty much a must-have. Minecraft/Terraria and crafting games have 1-10. But I was kinda hoping for games in a different genre that goes above and beyond to include keyboard hotkeys.

It's not like I can say "every PC game has hotkeys."
Try playing StarCraft II - you will use hotkeys for everything, including micro and macro. Without them you will play like a turtle. A very sleepy turtle. With hotkeys memorized your hand will fly through keyboard like a madman and genius pianist.

TRENDING THREADS