Games Unplayed but not Unpaid...

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I tend to buy too many games—far more, anyway, than I have time to finish, or even play. Most of these, fortunately, stem from irresistible deals during sales, though not a few were, regrettably, acquired at full price on full impulse power. A list of all titles that I never entirely finished would be too long. Who finishes every game they buy, really? So I'll limit myself to those cases where my playtime has been far too short to justify the purchase in the first place (but just long enough, in some instances, to rule out a refund), or games that have sat untouched in my library until they were no longer refundable...
  • Sekiro
  • Hitman 2
  • Red Dead Redemption (because, Witcher 3)
  • Expeditions: Viking
  • Legends of Eisenwald
  • Mordhau
  • Samorost 3
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Age of Wonders III
  • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Game of Thrones - A Telltale Game
  • Merchants of Kaidan
  • Sanctum 2
  • Satellite Reign
  • Sid Meier's Starships
  • Total War: Attila, Rome II
  • Trine 3 (Well...)
  • The Witcher Adventure Game
  • X3: Albion Prelude, Terran Conflict
  • Watchdogs 2
Embarrassing, right? Not to mention the tab these add up to, sales or no (if anything, this goes to show that sales are the real money wasters, if you're not careful). Some I still intend to get around to, most notably Sekiro and Hitman 2, but as for the rest... well, one has to be realistic.

Care to join me in this confessional? What's your paid & unplayed list of shame?

Last edited:
I got around 1K games on Steam and hundreds of other games on different platforms. I know that It would be impossible for me to finish them all and that is ok. While I can't finish all the games, it opens up the possibility to play a lot of different genres and I find that more important than necessarily getting to the end of a game. To be honest, a lot of games don't really have much of a good ending and often you see how the lack of creativity gets thrown out of the window.

Here is a similar topic to yours, if you want to read more about similar thoughts concerning RPG games.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Oh, right, I saw that one. Dang, RPGs should be the genre where one finishes games, they're stories, after all. But then I don't finish books, either, if I'm not enjoying the story. Life's too short for that!

Zloth

Community Contributor
If you aren't enjoying it and quit then you HAVE finished the game. It's the ones you haven't really tried yet that are embarrassing.

The print magazine for PC Gamer this month (USA version, at least) has tips on dealing with all this. I read through it then read an article on the web page about a lot of new games coming to Microsoft's subscription service. Now there's a way to grow your backlog fast!

I bought Ark: Survival and only after buying it found out my PC isn't good enough to play it. I still haven't gotten around to buying a PC that's good enough. Similarly, Space Engineers is only playable as long as I don't go to any planets (which weren't in the game yet when I bought it).

I also have EU IV, which I bought when I was still playing Paradox games regularly with my friends, but we ended up playing CK2 mostly and it ended up never even being installed.

Most of the games I have bought but never played were part of Humble Bundles which I only bought for a specific game.

TRENDING THREADS