Galactic Civilizations IV v0.60 Alpha

Anyone playing this, or excited about it?

I loved Gal Civ 2. Gal Civ 3 is OK, but somehow it isn't as fun. It seems like every time I play, the rules have changed quite a bit.

Come to think of it, now that they're focusing on GC4, it might be a particularly good time to play!

GC3 recently recived a pretty big balance patch. Id say it's a good time to jump in. They changed many things for the better and got rid of some of the tedium. The balance changes also helped a bit from what i'm told. Im new to GC3, but it seams like a decent upgrade from 2 at this point. (GC3 is much like GC2, GC4 seams to be a lot different but in many ways i like) For now though 3 will be fun to play for sure.

I think Gal Civ 4 first released on Epic a few months ago. Now, with the first DLC, it's showing up on Steam?
I haven't followed it closely, but I think:

♣ Epic exclusive a year ago

♦ DLC-only on Steam now, base game still not on Steam—DLC also on Epic. Supernova seems more a stand-alone expansion than DLC, since it's obviously stand-alone and is in Early Access—I don't think DLC usually gets the EA treatment, does it?

Reactions: Pifanjr and Zloth
Supernova expands on the previous version - Its meant to replace the previous Epic version. Includes extras not in previous versions

Not all links to game on Google are safe, one tried to download things my AV refused.

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
I just watched a video describing the game and giving it a recommendation, but I got a headache trying to follow it. Maybe a bit too complicated for my ageing brain :-(
On special on Steam but I'm a bit confused. Do I have to buy both of these to get the most out of the game?
Both discounted:

Galactic Civilizations IV: Supernova Edition -20% A$ 58.80​

Pre-Purchase Galactic Civilizations IV - Expansion Pass BUNDLE -43% A$ 64.92​

Galactic Civilizations IV Soundtrack
Galactic Civilizations IV - Tales of Centauron
Galactic Civilizations IV - Warlords
Galactic Civilizations IV - Species Pack
Galactic Civilizations IV - Megastructures
Galactic Civilizations IV - Tales of the Arnor

Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
They started dumping silly levels of DLC out with Gal Civ 3. You most definitely will not want all they end up producing. Getting the expansion pass bundle gets you all the major DLCs that they plan to release this year.

The thing about 4X games is that you expect to play through them multiple times. If I were getting it, I would just get the base game. Play that, see if you like it. If I like it, I'll wait around for the DLCs to really show up and see what the reviews are like. Then I'll get one or two, play through the game once or twice with them, get another, play through some more times with that, and so on. If a DLC doesn't look that interesting, never buy it - or at least don't buy it until a big sale comes around bundling it all up.

TRENDING THREADS