G16 Battery - 1 hour and dead from factory. Dell support refuses help.

May 20, 2023
Visit site
I have a new G16 that I've used less than 10 times. From the factory, the battery lasts about an hour with normal web browsing (web searching and email - no streaming or gaming) and then dies.

I have "Premium Plus" service and warranty and Dell support says that there's nothing wrong with my battery and they refuse to replace it. I've made all of their recommended changes to my settings and updated everything multiple times. They just keep saying "As the internal team guideline battery is working as per design and there is no hardware issue with the battery. As the battery is a consumable component and its life deteriorates with time and usage".

Anyone else have a battery that dies this quickly from factory?

I have a new G16 that I've used less than 10 times. From the factory, the battery lasts about an hour with normal web browsing (web searching and email - no streaming or gaming) and then dies.

I have "Premium Plus" service and warranty and Dell support says that there's nothing wrong with my battery and they refuse to replace it. I've made all of their recommended changes to my settings and updated everything multiple times. They just keep saying "As the internal team guideline battery is working as per design and there is no hardware issue with the battery. As the battery is a consumable component and its life deteriorates with time and usage".

Anyone else have a battery that dies this quickly from factory?
Yeah, I've had gaming laptops for a long time, and they are all like that. You really don't want to use them unplugged.

Some things that might help you get a little more life: Turn down the brightness. Make sure that if you have a CPU with integrated graphics that the computer is using it when unplugged and not your dedicated GPU. Turn off that GPU and you will save a ton of power (if that's what it was using to begin with). AND, turn down the power going to the CPU in advanced power options. If you are just surfing the web, there's no point in sending that much power to the CPU. Turn that down as low as you can go without the PC becoming noticeably slow. You could more than double your battery life just from that

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS