G-SYNC screen tearing or what is it?

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a problem with a G-SYNC, whenever i enable this feature it causes this problem as shown in my Asus GL502vs (gtx1070). Anyone knows how to fix this problem? it happens all games, not only in Cyberpunk 2077, also Death Stranding, even Call of Duty, last year this problem never occured. (all drivers up to date) also i formatted my laptop 2 times, then installed all new drivers.

u can see the video of my problem here

Switch on Vsync in the Nvidia control panel.

I assume your monitor shows other full-screen apps properly? Just to eliminate monitor geometry.

Roll back your video drivers to a version prior to whenever the problem started—it's been a long time now, but I've had luck a couple of times doing that.
last year this problem never occured
So this has been going on for a year, since 2019?
Can you recall any major software change you made just before this started happening?

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Switch on Vsync in the Nvidia control panel.

I assume your monitor shows other full-screen apps properly? Just to eliminate monitor geometry.

Roll back your video drivers to a version prior to whenever the problem started—it's been a long time now, but I've had luck a couple of times doing that.

So this has been going on for a year, since 2019?
Can you recall any major software change you made just before this started happening?
hi, vsync is on in the nvidia control panel. I rolled back drivers a couple times, and downloaded oldest versions of nvidia drivers, nothing changed. u mean other application - games? i don't use applications, only playing games, so all games with gsync this problem is happening, whenever I turn off this feature it is working. by the way i didn't make any software changes to my laptop.
many people say it is because of internal cable of monitor of laptop, but if it is true, why it is working without gsync?

Btw, welcome to the forum :)

i don't use applications
Are you on Windows 10? If yes:

Press the Win key;
Type "Notepad"
Press the Enter key.

This should launch the Notepad app, it's a simple text editor for writing in. Maximize it's window and see how it looks.
Btw Windows 10 comes with a built-in browser too, which you could use to access this forum—I assume from your wall-of-text posts that you're posting from a phone.

vsync is on
In that case, turn it off. I've read that Gsync & Vsync sometimes don't play well together, or sometimes can fix each other *shrug*.

TRENDING THREADS