Question Frustrating controller bugs and disconnections with Sonic Generations PC

Jun 27, 2024
Visit site
good day, everyone.

So for the better part of a week, I’ve been going back and forth, trying to find solutions to this problem that has been going on for much longer, as in months. I’ve been putting it off for so long since I have my own responsibilities. My Switch pro controller was connected to my computer, Sonic Generations was on the screen, and the whole game lags for a bit before Sonic stops moving.

I try to jump, that doesn’t work, nothing works until I pause and resume the game. Turns out most of my controller inputs were changed to different, the rest stopped working completely. I would stop and restart the game but the issue came back, just coming back quicker after each restart.

At first it was about an hour after starting the game, the next it was hardly 30 minutes. So I installed a software program called Proconxinput after it was suggested to me on a gamebanana Gen forum, it was a disaster. Now my controller wouldn’t even connect to the computer, wouldn’t register, until I uninstalled the program.

That didn’t stop the issue from coming back the next time I started Generations. I got an X Box controller from Micro Center, and things were looking good for 2 days, until the same problem came back. That same brief screen lag, the same frozen Sonic, oh and the next time I played tue controller completely disconnected, at least before the buttons were changed, now no button worked whatsoever.

Luckily the controller works fine everywhere else now. If anyone has an idea for how I can fix this issue, don’t hesitate to leave a comment. I’ll take as much help as I can get.

Hi! Ive had loads of problems with Bluetooth on PC, so much so I just always use a USB cable as it doesnt bother me and it works perfectly with a DS4, 8Bit Do and for the little Ive tried with a Switch Pro as well, have you tried that way? Are you playing the game through Steam?

I have no experience with Sonic so cant help with the specifics on that unfortunately.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 27, 2024
Visit site
Hi! Ive had loads of problems with Bluetooth on PC, so much so I just always use a USB cable as it doesnt bother me and it works perfectly with a DS4, 8Bit Do and for the little Ive tried with a Switch Pro as well, have you tried that way? Are you playing the game through Steam?

I have no experience with Sonic so cant help with the specifics on that unfortunately.
Yes, the first controller I tried was a switch pro controller. It was the very first controller I connected to my computer without using Bluetooth, rather a USB-C cable. That is where this problem started. I’ve done some work on my computer, steam, and the Sonic Generarions config tool. So far there aren’t any input swapping problems. I’ll check in again a week from now and I’ll tell you if the problem comes back.

Edit: also, yes, I’m playing the Game with the issues through Steam. It’s not anywhere else afaik, the PC port of the game was released on Steam. Forget to mention that.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts