Question FPS Drop RX6600

Sep 3, 2023
Visit site
It happens in all games, I tested some drivers, even the newest, and the adrenalin pro, and the problem still happens, this started in the last weekend, the 6600 still have warranty, and I am using am R5 4500, 16gb of ram. The desktop has less than 1 year, every piece has the warranty cover

My components:
Ryzen 5 4500;
Motherboard Biostar B550MH BIOS version 5.17;
Power Supply Cooler Master G700;
XFX RX 6600;
RAM 2* 8gb 3200 Geil Orion;
Case & Cooling is from a store in Brazil that has 4 fans 120 mm with mesh instead of glass.

Running in 1080p with free fps;
Monitor LG Ultragear 24" 144hz;
Graphics doesn't make any difference, the issue happens in anyone.

The Windows game mode is active.

Here is a video from YouTube showing this.

YouTube

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)

We need more info to help you. Please follow these instructions:

Of particular interest are:
Exact make & model of your Power Supply;
Motherboard;
Case & cooling parts;

Graphics card;
Monitor model & Hz;
Resolution you're running at;
What graphic settings level have you enabled?

Are all drivers & BIOS up to date?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Would be very good to get all the information above and make sure all drivers are up to date. The exact make and model of your RAM kit as well.

From that video it looks like your CPU chugging, notice in Valhalla and Metal Hellsinger CPU goes to 100% and the GPU usage drops just after the frame recovers in the OSD when it catches up.

Are you saying that this wasn't happening in those games before now ? What was your old GPU?

Is it possible you have antivirus or other software doing something in the background while youre gaming?

Do you have Windows Game Mode enabled?

Make sure to disable any programs you arent actively using in the system tray while gaming.

Sep 3, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

We need more info to help you. Please follow these instructions:

Of particular interest are:
Exact make & model of your Power Supply;
Motherboard;
Case & cooling parts;

Graphics card;
Monitor model & Hz;
Resolution you're running at;
What graphic settings level have you enabled?

Are all drivers & BIOS up to date?
Sorry for that, I updated, and I think that is all right now.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 16, 2023
Visit site
That looks like a background process. When a game chugs like that something else is running in the background taking up resources. I would open you task manager and keep an eye for anything other then the game using resources.

Reactions: Brian Boru

IwantPeak

BANNED
Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
That looks like a background process. When a game chugs like that something else is running in the background taking up resources. I would open you task manager and keep an eye for anything other then the game using resources.

It seems like a background process causing the game slowdown. Check your task manager for resource-consuming background applications.

TRENDING THREADS