Question Forza Horizon 4 massive stuttering issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
So I have this weird issue with Forza Horizon 4. I noticed that after like 40 minutes of playing it starts to slow down more and more and after 2 hours it's basically unplayable

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/bfoukd/forza_horizon_4_slowing_down_randomly_while/

It's something like this but lasts shorter and it's much more often, I cannot provide video clip because of my upload speed.

I have Ryzen 5 2600 in pair with GTX 1660 Super and 16GB of 3200 MHz ram which is running at 2933 because my system keeps crashing at 3200 MHz. Game is on SSD, and I'm on the Ultimate power plan. I also noticed that if I lock my fps to 72 instead of 144 ingame, drops are less noticeable but it's still unplayable.
FULL SYSTEM SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600
Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Gskill Aegis 2x8 DDR4 3200 MHz 16-18-18-38 at 1.35v
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC 6 GB
WD Green 240 GB M.2 SSD
WD Blue 1 TB HDD
screenshot of HWmontor while that was happening:

View: https://imgur.com/zM2QZvC

Two issues here. The first is your system crashing when running RAM at 3200. Default voltage for DDR4 is 1.2v.
You are overclocking your ram which could be causing it to crash.

The second is related to Forza Horizon 4. Do you have a G-Sync compatible monitor? If so you don't need to lock your FPS at all. If you are going to lock it then set it to 60fps. I would also try running Forza with the Dynamic Performance setting.

Reactions: Erebor
Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Two issues here. The first is your system crashing when running RAM at 3200. Default voltage for DDR4 is 1.2v.
You are overclocking your ram which could be causing it to crash.

The second is related to Forza Horizon 4. Do you have a G-Sync compatible monitor? If so you don't need to lock your FPS at all. If you are going to lock it then set it to 60fps. I would also try running Forza with the Dynamic Performance setting.
Yeah my system is crashing at 3200 mhz but ram is from store rated at that speed, later I saw that ryzen 5 2600 doesn't support ram speeds past 3000 mhz but I lowered the speed to 2933 and nothing is crashing rn.

I do not have G-Sync compatible monitor and my fps is capped at 144 ingame but it never goes above 120.
I will try to do one Goliath race with dynamic performance turned on. Goliath is usually how i test forza to see if that lag appears, currently i play 15 laps and at 3rd lap you can barely notice it but at 8th lap it's unplayable, my fps average drops from 110 to 85 and game isn't dropping fps it's litterally slowing down or freezing for a second.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
UPDATE

Dynamic optimization didn't help at all it only made it worse, it made it so that lag comes even faster than before and also i noticed that my cpu and gpu usage is always same even when it's not lagging and when is lagging but my ssd usage is just jumping up and down while I'm playing forza

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS