FlightSimulator requirements

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I have purchased a computer that has Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI 6G, 500G SSD, 8GB DDR4, RGB, AC WiFi, Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I also bought DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) 3000 MHz CL16 1.35V 288-Pin Desktop Gaming UDIMM (MD4U083016BBDA) to add to it.

Would this work for flight simulator 2020 or what else should be added. It seems to crash every time I have the game on.

Hi! I'm no tech support engineer but I've been trying to melt various of my own computers in different ways for many years and have picked up some bits along the way.

Can you list your monitor model, and full system including motherboard make and model, power supply make and model, what case its all in and if you have any system fans installed in the case?

A few things you should do first.

If you have overclocked anything put it back to stock settings. Including disabling the RAM XMP settings in BIOS.

Do a full reinstall of your Nvidia graphics card drivers. Lutfij's guide here on how to do that.

Next try disabling any antivirus software you have running while playing the game, and otherwise close as much other software from the taskbar as possible while you are playing Flight Sim.

Try playing the game and see if it still crashes.

If you still have problems use software to measure the temperature of your 1660Ti and Ryzen 2600 while they are under load. I like to use GPUZ and Realtemp (they are free) to monitor how hit things get. You can download Uniengine heaven here. It's a very old benchmark, but it does allow you to run it on a loop where other modern stress testing or benchmarking software make you pay for that privlege.

Set it to maximum quality and resolution and disable any Vsync or FPS limiting you might have enabled in the Nvidia settings to allow it to work the graphics card hard. Watch GPUZ while it runs for half an hour and check the maximum GPU temperature in GPUZ. If it gets hotter and hotter and then crashes we know you are overheating.

The 1660Ti should be technically under 95 Centigrade but preferably in the mid 80's or lower while this is running, and teh same while you are gaming.

While you are doing this run Realtemp at the same time and report back what you CPU temps are. Heaven does not stress the CPU at all, but if your CPU is getting hot in this situation it may be something else we need to check.

OK that's a lot I know.

Someone else may have some other good ideas, as I have not played Flight Simulator at all so I don't know anything specific to that game, but these are some general things that might help :)

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS