Flight simulator 2020 keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I have purchased a computer that has Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI 6G, 500G SSD, 8GB DDR4, RGB, AC WiFi, Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I also bought DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) 3000 MHz CL16 1.35V 288-Pin Desktop Gaming UDIMM (MD4U083016BBDA) to add to it.
Would this work for flight simulator 2020 or what else should be added. It seems to crash every time I have the game on. Any suggestions?

Zloth

Community Contributor
That should be able to run it, assuming your not maxxing everything out or trying to play at 4K resolution. How long does it take before it crashes? If you're getting into the game and it crashes after 5-30 minutes, you could have a heat issue in your PC. Have you verified your game files to make sure they downloaded OK?

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
That should be able to run it, assuming your not maxxing everything out or trying to play at 4K resolution. How long does it take before it crashes? If you're getting into the game and it crashes after 5-30 minutes, you could have a heat issue in your PC. Have you verified your game files to make sure they downloaded OK?

The first time it crashed, I was landing after a 4 hour flight. Today, i was in the air for about 30 minutes when it just suddenly closed up.

8GB DDR4 … I also bought DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB)
Good idea to up the RAM—are the 2x8s the same as the original 8?
If they're not the exact same, remove the original 8 and see how it goes—I'm assuming the new 2x8s are identical.

RAM can get picky if all modules aren't identical.
Also, I assume you have 4 RAM slots—there are ways to put in a pair of modules so they work best, ie in slots 1&2 or 1&3…I don't know the best config offhand.

What wattage is your power supply?
Are all fans working?

Reactions: Frindis
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS