First time with aRGB

LWP

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
I've never taken rgb into consideration before but I want it for the build I'm doing for my daughter.

The board is a MSI b550m VDH-Pro wifi with 2 argb headers and several rgb headers. The case is a Cooler Master Mastercase H500 with 2 argb front fans. I'm using the Cooler Master Mastercool Illusion aio and I replaced the rear non-rgb case fan with one of the same argb fans that come with the aio. I'm considering but haven't yet committed to a couple argb light strips to hide along the case edges facing inward from the clear panel side of the case.

My question is, how would you connect all of that for color syncing via software? I'm guessing "I wouldn't" is probably gonna be a popular reply but help beyond that will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Brian Boru

LWP

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the help. Sincerely, not being sarcastic. The lack of replies pushed me to research and figure it out for myself like I used to before there was the convenience of just asking online. And then I felt dumb for even asking... it's actually really simple.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

LWP

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
So back with another possibly dumb question on this subject. I have all rgb and fans connected to a powered hub which is connected to one argb header and one fan header on the motherboard. The rgb is just fans, aio cooler pump and a couple strips I added inside and underneath the case. No rgb on the gpu or ram I used. All of the rgb is working and synced. It's an MSI b550m board. Is there a way to change the color of the rgb from rainbow to something else without installing Dragon Center? I don't care about addressing things individually or effects or anything, just want to change the color across the board.

There isn't a menu for it in bios I can see. to be fair the menu for it in my mb just lets me turn them on or off, not change patterns or colours. Expect you need software for that.

Did you try that software I offered? it wouldn't come with as much baggage as Dragon Centre

LWP

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
I went to the site and watched some videos on youtube about it and there seems to be some question about it playing nice with MSI boards. A warning that it could potentially brick the board. I haven't been able to figure out if that's something that's no longer an issue so I've been hesitant to try it until I find some definite assurance.

TRENDING THREADS