Question First time builder need help with cpu cooler, case, RAM

Jul 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I am building a new PC for the very first time and would like to ask experienced builders if everything will be compatible.
Main purpose will be enthusiast gaming/streaming with regular video editing which hopefully will become full time over the years. Price should be around 2k-2,5k € but the part picker has totally different prices because of my country (Slovakia/Europe) so there is that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hYyY6r

I have already bought the CPU and GPU because they were at great price.

Here are my main concerns:

-CPU cooler and RAM clearance: according to this site it will not go well with the chosen RAM unless I move the fan but I am not sure if there will be space for it in chosen case and the last thing I want to do is to return and look for another cooler in the middle of building it since it will be my first time i would like everything to go as smooth as possible

-how much cooling would I need since the base version of the case comes with 2x120mm but I want to go with more expensive version of the same case at local store which changes them for 4x120mm ARGB for only 20$ more

-is it really worth to go DDR5 instead of DDR4 for this build: since DDR5 motherboards in my country are around 100$ more for the same quality and I don't want to downgrade VRM etc. and RAM costs are 20-50$ more depending on specs and the impact doesn't seem that big as far as I know

PS: Do I need to worry about this note from partpicker because I'm not sure I understand it and can someone please explain it if it's a big deal for a first time builder:
Note: The video card PCIe 16-pin power connector adapter is being supplied by three 6+2-pin power connectors. Please ensure that the three 6+2-pin power connectors are not daisy-chained and do not share the same power cable.

Thank you for any suggestions and help.

Reactions: Why_Me
Sep 10, 2023
Visit site
If you wanna invest big and secure yourself for future tech advancements, go for DDR5. Future softwares will be big and will need that hardware compatibilit. In this case you won't have to think of upgrading for the next 4 to 6 years even. Invest big right now, because in future you will have to spend more for the same upgrade i..e. inflation. :)

If you wanna invest big and secure yourself for future tech advancements, go for DDR5. Future softwares will be big and will need that hardware compatibilit. In this case you won't have to think of upgrading for the next 4 to 6 years even. Invest big right now, because in future you will have to spend more for the same upgrade i..e. inflation. :)
You are suggesting to spend big...not everyone has a girthy wallet, FYI. You're also forgetting that the cost of tech tends to drop over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS