Far Cry 6 - play for free [08/05-08/07]

@Frindis if you were female, I'd have your babies!

Post your experiences here:

Bye all, see you Monday.

PS oh darn, it needs installing—oh well, guess I'm here for another hour.

Edit 1: it's 4% done…

Edit 2: it's 9% done…

Edit 3: it's 15% done…

Last edited:
Putting this here rather than in the other thread, since it hopefully doesn't happen in the full retail game.

Keyboard Keys Broken

The 'break' is the same for C and S, minimizing the game to Taskbar. No crash, no other problem, click on Taskbar icon and continue playing.
I searched around, don't see others with the problem.

C
Broken ~50% of the time until I unbound it from 'Crouch Toggle'. It's now the Camera key, and working fine. Left-Ctrl is now 'Crouch Toggle', working perfectly.

S
Breaks most of the time when I press it in quick succession—typically after poking out from cover to take a shot, and now want to hide again. It's fine in general use, only ~4 quick presses breaks it.

F
Using this melee key once early on—attacked by a boar, no other weapon—managed to freeze the screen, but not the action. Ie I couldn't move, but the boar kept whacking me and reducing my health.

I'm not too clear on it as it happened only a few times in that one fight, but if I recall correctly it unfroze fairly quickly, say 2-3 seconds, from wiggling the mouse. I haven't used F much since, only to break down a few barriers, and it's been fine. If it isn't one off, it's likely to be rapid pressing again—ie typical melee fight situation—like with the S key.

Anyway, just mentioning it, we'll see how it develops in tonight's session.

C
It's now the Camera key, and working fine
Spoke too soon, that was flaky in today's session, taking game to Taskbar ~25% of the time.

G
Also, lost ability to activate my good pal Guapo—croc sidekick, pic in other thread—via the G key for a while. Just stopped working in the middle of the session for ~10 minutes, then came back of its own accord—no discernable cause for either event.

R
Just once over the 2 sessions, this broke to Taskbar.

Windows 10 21H1 with latest updates, Keyboard is Roccat Isku wired via USB. KB works fine in everything else, and my guess is 99.9% it's not a KB issue since a number of controls are broke at the same time.

I'm finished my play of this free trial—the above issues obviously didn't help, but I was able to play along without too much frustration. If no one else has experienced these issues, I'll write it off as one of those mysterious one-off gremlins we all know and love :)

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS