Fans of sci-fi Babylon 5 asked by creator to help save reboot

Delete if not allowed but i have always been a huge fan of the sci-fi series Babylon 5. It has been talked that there would be a reboot coming but today the creator of this show, Michael J Straczynski, has asked his fans to tweet out in support of using a certain hashtag. I am not a twitter user and am not sure if there are any other fans of the show here. Just wanted to help find support for this. (#B5onCWin23)

Like you I don't have a twitter account but I am a big B5 fan. I tend to have mixed feelings with regards to reboots. Sometimes they work fine (Battlestar Galactica? Westworld?) other times not so good ( Roswell New Mexico? Charmed?) - but is this a reflection that I didn't know the original BG & WW stories?

It is a reboot not a continuation of the B5 story which is understandable as the majority of the original stars are not so young even if they were willing to come back to B5. The problem, for me, is I know the original series so will there be any surprises?

If it reboots then I will look otherwise I will keep watching my B5 DVD collection every 2 to 3 years but thanks for the update.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Like you I don't have a twitter account but I am a big B5 fan. I tend to have mixed feelings with regards to reboots. Sometimes they work fine (Battlestar Galactica? Westworld?) other times not so good ( Roswell New Mexico? Charmed?) - but is this a reflection that I didn't know the original BG & WW stories?

It is a reboot not a continuation of the B5 story which is understandable as the majority of the original stars are not so young even if they were willing to come back to B5. The problem, for me, is I know the original series so will there be any surprises?

If it reboots then I will look otherwise I will keep watching my B5 DVD collection every 2 to 3 years but thanks for the update.

I'm only on board because the original creator is doing the reboot so im hopeful itll remain to the storylines in the show. There is also talks of some type of other B5 show/movie with all the original cast members, im not sure what exactly it is but it exists apprently.

I just think the B5 story should come back. Probably the highest underrated sci-fi of the last 30 years for me. Even if the show wrapped up in a way i didnt like alll that much. There are plenty of storylines worth exploring still (telepath war for ex.)

I'm only on board because the original creator is doing the reboot so im hopeful itll remain to the storylines in the show. There is also talks of some type of other B5 show/movie with all the original cast members, im not sure what exactly it is but it exists apprently.

I just think the B5 story should come back. Probably the highest underrated sci-fi of the last 30 years for me. Even if the show wrapped up in a way i didnt like alll that much. There are plenty of storylines worth exploring still (telepath war for ex.)

Agreed that it was under-rated but at the time it was up against Star Trek's Deep Space Nine - I remember that J. Michael Straczynski was very unhappy because he had floated B5 to CBS Paramount who turned him down and later released DS9. He suggested that they stole some of his ideas. DS9 had the Star Trek legacy behind it and big bucks.

I'm worried too many of the B5 fans don't have Twitter!

The telepath war is covered in the books - which I didn't get. Unfortunately, last I checked, they were out of print and used editions cost a bundle.

There's not much left of the original cast. I think over half of them have died already.

If they reboot it would be good if they re-released the books which covered some interesting aspects in the Technomage and Centauri trilogies - at prices the rest of us can afford! Can't see them doing anything with the original cast as many of the principal actors are dead and the rest are in their 60s.

TRENDING THREADS