Question Fan control on my B550-F

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
In my new build, I have a ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming motherboard with 3x Deepcool FC120 RGB fans and 3x regular Corsair chassis fans.

I thought I'd have full control of the fans in Armoury Crate, but unfortunately that's not the case. For instance, if I select Silent Mode, I’d expect at least some of the fans to switch off completely. But while the numbers indicate that the fans slow down, it doesn’t seem to make a significant difference in the noise level. What is the easiest way to set this up?

I’ve daisy-chained the RGB fans and connected them to the 3-pin RGB header on the motherboard, along with a couple of Phanteks neon strips. These are also powered by the PSU. The 3 regular fans are connected to 3 individual headers on the motherboard.

My intention is to have a "quiet mode" where only the CPU and back extractor fan would work.

After doing some reading a see that a lot of people use Fan Expert alongside Armoury Crate... is that the way to go?

What case is it? Curious if it has a fan hub. If it did you could attach some to it. They would all run same speed but you could control them, provided they are 4 pin.
Hub needs to be attached to a motherboard header to work.
You could always buy one if you don't have one now.

So deepcool fans aren't linked to motherboard at all? Can't control them that way (if they 3 pin you can't anyway)

What are the 3 fans attached to motherboard? Might need to daisy chain some if you have more fans than headers

I had to replace my chassis fans to get control over them. Just realised I only have one fan attached to my hub so could just link fan direct to motherboard and not use hub. But it works now so why change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
it's a Corsair 4000D Airflow. I would think that the 3 RGB fans that are daisy-chained together would be controlled as 1 entity, right? Although I cant control them at all via fan control.
What really surprises me is that 1 of the 3 simple chassis fan that I have on the front of the case cannot be controlled either even though they all look the same.

advice-on-fan-connection-and-assignment-v0-9czzxoj2esrd1.webp

How slack, 4000D doesn't have a hub as its not an Icue Case

so they all seem to be PWM fans so should be able to see all of them.

I would think that the 3 RGB fans that are daisy-chained together would be controlled as 1 entity, right? Although I cant control them at all via fan control.
Are they wired up right?

All fans on one header are seen as same fan.

What really surprises me is that 1 of the 3 simple chassis fan that I have on the front of the case cannot be controlled either even though they all look the same.
Case comes with three of these:

so you moved them all to front - assuming it was on rear of case? I wonder why one is going rogue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts