Every game crashes

Jul 28, 2023
Visit site
Hello all!

I recently switched from console gaming to PC.

I purchased an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop with Windows 11 64bit, 16gb RAM, 512gb SSD, an AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS processor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics.

I am using Steam for gaming.

The list of games I tried playing so far:

GTA V
COD WWII
COD Vanguard
COD Ghosts
COD MW2 (the new one)

Every single game plays fine for a few minutes and then crashes, giving various reasons on the error notice. I tried decreasing graphics settings, but it still happens. I also made sure all windows updates were installed as well as all driver updates.

I verified specs on Steam for the games I wanted to play, and bought the laptop accordingly.

What am I doing wrong? Did I buy a crap computer?

Help please!

Edit:
I’ll be adding error codes as they pop up at the link below.

View: https://imgur.com/a/L2s03FJ

Last edited:
First thing I would suggest is to download DDU and the latest drivers from the Nvidia website. Follow the guide in the link below.

You probably dont need to update to latest system BIOS just yet, just the GPU drivers. When you dont use windows safe mode its possible that elements of your current driver that may be corrupted will not be updated, so dont skip that step.

Try that and report back :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 28, 2023
Visit site
First thing I would suggest is to download DDU and the latest drivers from the Nvidia website. Follow the guide in the link below.

You probably dont need to update to latest system BIOS just yet, just the GPU drivers. When you dont use windows safe mode its possible that elements of your current driver that may be corrupted will not be updated, so dont skip that step.

Try that and report back :)
Every time before I try to play I run the Windows update checker, the nvidia update checker, and the amd update checker to make sure everything is current.

Is your suggestion different from that?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts