Error: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

Sep 30, 2022
Visit site
Keep getting this error in event viewer, doesn't seem to be causing any pc issues, just weird.

Anything to worry about? Get the odd mouse freeze when starting to many programs at once/ or sometimes when spamming game bar. / Discord froze the other when i tabbed out from a game for a second. (Not sure if any of this is related.)

OK so I was a quite a few gpu drivers out of date, used DDU and updated the driver. Still don't get any crashes, got one in Spider-Man but ran fine for hours after, and none in cod mw and mw2 2022/ and still getting the same issue but less frequent like only happen every so often and tabbing out seems to be what causes it when it does it randomly and mostly from tabbing out of fifa 23/alt entering. Anything to worry about?

"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\000000c9

"Error occurred on GPUID: 100

[Mod edit: shortened title for clarity.]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the most common error codes around.

It can be from a number of different causes as that driver communicates between the GPU and the rest of the PC .

If you are getting Black Screen's that then come back on or if it's causing BSOD's then you should definitely look into it as it can be a number of things. These could include faulty memory or an issue with your Power Supply.

First have a look at this post on tomshardware

Also rather than updating your OS I would perform a completely new install of Windows if you are getting serious problems and can't fix it any other way. I tend to do this every 12-18 months anyway.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 30, 2022
Visit site
Have no black screens/BSOD. No game crashing. Just that stupid error keeps popping up in event viewer and worried it means the gpu is dying from what a guy on reddit said.

It's a bit odd your getting popups. Sorry but It's a bit beyond me if you've already tried just clean installing the drivers after using DDU.

If you want real peace of mind then create a post on tomshardware forums. Please make sure you include all of the specs of your machine, especially details of PSU, including how old it is.

They are much more likely to give you more technical advice

Reactions: Brian Boru
IF you not getting any visible problems, ignore event viewer. It reports things that happen once, and may work every other time.

Could look in Reliability History, it would show any actual errors you might want to look at. TBH I ignore it as well, it can tell you about things that really aren't problems as well. If PC works, why look too hard.

If you have run DDU, you have done as much as you can. Being on latest Nvidia driver isn't always best idea. Depends on age of your GPU really.

Microsoft adjusted how some of those events show now as people were being scammed by crooks into believing the errors in there required them to buy some software to fix.

Event viewer last place I would look for problems on a PC.

I would give you same reply on Tom's, I have been known to answer questions there sometimes.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
Keep getting this error in event viewer, doesn't seem to be causing any pc issues, just weird.

Anything to worry about? Get the odd mouse freeze when starting to many programs at once/ or sometimes when spamming game bar. / Discord froze the other when i tabbed out from a game for a second. (Not sure if any of this is related.)

OK so I was a quite a few gpu drivers out of date, used DDU and updated the driver. Still don't get any crashes, got one in Spider-Man but ran fine for hours after, and none in cod mw and mw2 2022/ and still getting the same issue but less frequent like only happen every so often and tabbing out seems to be what causes it when it does it randomly and mostly from tabbing out of fifa 23/alt entering. Anything to worry about?

"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\000000c9

"Error occurred on GPUID: 100

[Mod edit: shortened title for clarity
Games has CRASHED constantly withing 5 minutes. I under-clocked my 3080 TI and for the first time I have played for 2 hour straight. Used MSI Afterburner and underclocked it just a little. I have tried EVERYTHING and so far this has been the best

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS