Dune game by Funcom

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I know that info on this game is still pretty limited, but I've heard that it's going to be very similar to Conan Exiles, but set in the Dune universe. This makes me crazy excited.

Can we start our own sietch of Fremen?

Do we all get stillsuits, or is that like a higher-level item?

I assume I can have a melee shield, but if I get shot by a lasgun does it explode?

Can I use the weirding way???

Will it have more planets than Arrakis? i.e. can we go to Caladan or Geidi Prime?

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello!

I'm excited about this game if it is really on the way. If not, I hope they will release it as soon as possible.

I love Dune book series, and it will be an interesting experience to play a game in this universe. I admire the work of Funcom, they really know how to make a desert. The feature of a company like Funcom, experienced with desert always sounds weird to me.

Still, I wish all of the news about it true, and it's on the way.

Bests,

D

Deleted member 612

I'm halfway the first book and totally hooked. Was very excited to learn that a new Dune movie is coming out end of this year. A new game around Dune would be even better!

Reactions: Beetroot

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
Would be so cool if you could choose which planet/ whose team you wanted to be on, with very different game play styles.

Druid: Survival / crafting / epic worm mount = Fremen
Warrior: Single Combat / lots of torso options/ sexy = Feyd
Spec Ops: Spying / Sniping/ Machiavelian = The Harkonans
Mage = Lady Jessica's lot
TBC / Large scale combat = Gurney

This game writes itself... I'm in!

Reactions: Beetroot
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Warrior: Single Combat / lots of torso options/ sexy = Feyd

LOL epic-sexy Feyd cracks me up. We would all be sexy-Sting running around with orange wedge-shaped flat tops.

I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to choose Fremen, Bene Gesserit (Jessica's lot), Harkkonan, Atreides (Gurney), Merc (Gurney), etc. Just like you can choose in Conan Exiles.

I am grappling with a vision of the game though, if they do a single map like Conan Exiles. I guess they could go for desert biomes, but it could turn out pretty samey. Dune sea, craggy ridge, rocky columns/canyon, Uh... funny-colored sand area?

If they split the biomes into planets, that would be what's up.

I think for the Conan game model to work for Dune it would have to be scaled up. Right?

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm fine with rehashes in movie form and re-reading ad-infinitum. I would rather have a MGS like tactical espionage set outside of the actual books, in which you infiltrate some sort of Guild base or station. That way I won't spend the whole game hating all of the tiny details that I think should be how my imagination pictures them. I fit the comic book guy mold badly that way.
If there are shields I hope the look like just like in the movie, or when you get shot in Perfect Dark.

Reactions: rianrafa
I would imagine they would only be doing a prototype until the TV series launches to gauge the popularity of the series. If the TV series is a hit it would be worth investing to launch a game to ride the hype train, otherwise, it will be a bust.

While Dune is a great series it is Niche by every definition of the word.

Reactions: rianrafa

TRENDING THREADS