Dumbass question on my part, but fire away? Mobo with Wifi

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I haven't built a PC in a while and here is my really stupid question I can't seem to find the answer to with multiple reworded searches online. Can I set up my fully new newly built PC, windows 10 pro USB installation key (Mobo is a Asus TUF X570 plus Wifi) using the mobo wifi or do I need to get a seriously long ass ethernet cable to run to my Verizon Fios router. I'd like to update the Bios if available before installing windows. Does teh Asus mobo utility allow you to use the onboard wifi? Sorry if this is seriously stupid.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Not a stupid question. You should have the DVD with drivers in it. You can use the included DVD to install older drivers that will more than likely do the job. So if your included Driver DVD that came with the motherboard has a WiFi driver on it, you shouldn't have any problems.

Reactions: Daso
May 3, 2020
Visit site
Not a stupid question. You should have the DVD with drivers in it. You can use the included DVD to install older drivers that will more than likely do the job. So if your included Driver DVD that came with the motherboard has a WiFi driver on it, you shouldn't have any problems.
Thanks. I'll pre load the drivers that might apply onto another USB key before starting.

Windows 10 packs a lot of drivers built in so the wifi will usually be enabled while you're setting up the OS immediately after installation before you even get onto your desktop.

Rather than use the DVD drivers, if you have access to the internet with another device, you can download more up to date drivers from the Asus site and use those.

As for updating the BIOS, if you look a the manual 3-18 and 3-19 it shows how you can use USB flash to update the BIOS. In short you put the BIOS file on a USB pen, plug it into a USB port, and can launch the BIOS update from within the BIOS with that.

Reactions: Frindis and Daso
May 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. I'll actually have another (my current) PC up and running next to it as well. I'll pull files off of the included CDs and as you suggested gonto asus website and download the latest bios and drop them all on another USB key.

TRENDING THREADS