Do you use Satisfactory

NOTE i posted here and yes i know its a long thread but it was removed from satisfactory q and a because i was told your only supposed to ask/asnswer questions on it.

How long have you been using the game.
I started it in January last year and have almost 2,600 hours on it , i was a building game noob and after a spaghetti fest with belts i figured how what mistakes i made so after 1,000 hours i decided to start again.

Have you done anything really stupid.
In first playthrough i used a fling trainer that caused me more grief than help , i made 24 nuke power stations and forgot to turn on the particle accellerator so i had a backlog of nuke waste to get rid of , even when it was sorted a large amount of ground around the area stayed highly radio active and unusable so i have to find the save point just before i added the particle accellerator.

Have you tried any other construction games and what do you think of them.
20 years ago i had sim city , i recently tried the demo of factorio but could not really get into it , i know its not 3d but it looked to me like a 1980's arcade game maybe i take another look at it.

How would you describe your build.
I started at grassy fields , i do have some machines on proper foundations their but i also have a lot of machines on grass because the ground is very uneven add you would need tones of foundations to level it out and probably even up burying some nodes. I made an 18 wide conveyor layout linking the edge of grassy fields to the top side of the waterfalls , after laying the belts i deleted the foundations i put them on.

My second base is on the huge water lake area above the grassy fields , my nuke layout is next to the ... you cant go any further markers .... the uranium belts are above ground level so i can more around all my other machines without protection.

My third base is a huge building at the rocky dessert , i also have a 45 wagon train their that brings node items from the dune dessert. I also have a fleet of 80 drones but dont use them all the time. Everything i need is made " somewhere " on my map so i dont need tokens. I am stockpiling SAM ore for when its needed. I am also stockpiling the last 4 items that were used in the space elevatorphase 4 because if the game tiers follow the usual pattern they will probably be needed in the next tier.

What is your current challenge.
I dont have one , thats down to the devs

I have not played Satisfactory (yet).

I started it in January last year and have almost 2,600 hours on it , i was a building game noob and after a spaghetti fest with belts i figured how what mistakes i made so after 1,000 hours i decided to start again.

2600 since the beginning of last year means you've played a little over 4 hours on average every single day. I can only dream of finding a game I could love that much.

In first playthrough i used a fling trainer that caused me more grief than help , i made 24 nuke power stations and forgot to turn on the particle accellerator so i had a backlog of nuke waste to get rid of , even when it was sorted a large amount of ground around the area stayed highly radio active and unusable so i have to find the save point just before i added the particle accellerator.

How many hours of work did that cost you? Personally, I have very little patience for having to redo something I've already done in most games, especially if it's something tedious.

20 years ago i had sim city , i recently tried the demo of factorio but could not really get into it , i know its not 3d but it looked to me like a 1980's arcade game maybe i take another look at it.

Maybe you'd like Space Engineers. It's 3D as well and it gets very complex. It got an update a couple of months ago that added the ability to design and build automated drones.

I started at grassy fields , i do have some machines on proper foundations their but i also have a lot of machines on grass because the ground is very uneven add you would need tones of foundations to level it out and probably even up burying some nodes. I made an 18 wide conveyor layout linking the edge of grassy fields to the top side of the waterfalls , after laying the belts i deleted the foundations i put them on.

My second base is on the huge water lake area above the grassy fields , my nuke layout is next to the ... you cant go any further markers .... the uranium belts are above ground level so i can more around all my other machines without protection.

My third base is a huge building at the rocky dessert , i also have a 45 wagon train their that brings node items from the dune dessert. I also have a fleet of 80 drones but dont use them all the time. Everything i need is made " somewhere " on my map so i dont need tokens. I am stockpiling SAM ore for when its needed. I am also stockpiling the last 4 items that were used in the space elevatorphase 4 because if the game tiers follow the usual pattern they will probably be needed in the next tier.

My bases in building games are usually a complete mess, because I just build whatever I need wherever I can find an open spot and I dislike having to redesign, so the mess just gets worse over time.

Bought it on launch day on the Epic Store. Kind of a dumb move, but I also bought it on Steam when it launched there. I have 600 hours on Steam. No idea about hours on Epic.

Depends. Is picking up a stack of uranium stupid? I stayed irradiated even after putting it somewhere else and eventually died from it. My whole first experience with Uranium was a cluster F.

I play the game differently than you. I play until I send the space elevator up for the last time and then I start over, so I've had many builds. My last build was in the desert in the northeast corner because there are more resources there than anywhere else in the game by a long shot.

Of course, you do have to go somewhere else for oil, aluminum and uranium, so I have small factories at those places and ship products to the main base.

Everything is on foundations. The very first thing I do when I start a game is to get concrete going. I can't stand for anything to be sitting on the ground. There are many satellite factories in the huge desert. All of these plus the oil, aluminum and uranium are connected by foundations, and in a couple builds I enclosed the entire thing, including train rails and all, making one massive, indoor factory that stretched for about 2000 meters.

I've tried nearly all of them. So far none of them compare favorably with Satisfactory, but many of them are fun. If I were forced to only play a single game for the rest of my life, I would choose Satisfactory.

Other building games I am currently playing off and on are Techtonica, Stationeers, Desynced, Dyson Sphere Program and Captain of Industry. The only one of those I'm not enjoying that much is Techtonica, which is a crying shame because from the trailers it looked like it would be the new Satisfactory. Maybe it will be closer by the time it gets out of early access.

What is your current challenge?
Don't have one. As far as I'm concerned, my last build is completely finished, and I'm ready to start over. Next time I want a bit more challenge, so I'll probably stay away from the desert.

A lot of people think the desert is the hardest area to start in because it's listed last. The truth is that it's the easiest. The enemies there are the hardest, but once you clear them out, which doesn't take long, and place a foundation down near where they spawn, they'll never spawn again. It takes very little time to get the entire desert to yourself. But you absolutely have to build on foundations there because of the dunes (climb the highest dune and put down your first foundation at its peak and just build outward from there).

Hi Zed ... staying radio active is a random bug , i moved some conveyors that had uranium fuel rods on them so obviously when i destroyed the belts the fuel rods from the belts went to my inventory. A few times after removing them from my inventory i was ok but on one occasion i stayed radio active. Before doing anything involving uranium i always make a save point.

I made a hypertube around the entire parameter of the game it takes 22 minutes to travel a full circuit.

Hi Zed ... staying radio active is a random bug , i moved some conveyors that had uranium fuel rods on them so obviously when i destroyed the belts the fuel rods from the belts went to my inventory. A few times after removing them from my inventory i was ok but on one occasion i stayed radio active. Before doing anything involving uranium i always make a save point.

I made a hypertube around the entire parameter of the game it takes 22 minutes to travel a full circuit.
Yeah, in the middle of the whole thing, I saved and quit and researched it and found out it was a bug. I didn't back up to an old save though. Only done that, I think, once in Satisfactory and that was pretty recent when my save from the experimental branch got corrupted. Guess I've been lucky that except for the uranium bug and the save file problem, I just haven't really had a situation where going back to an old save would be helpful.

Hello Demdiro10 ... i now have around 3,500 hours clocked up on satisfactory.
If i only use coal power stations i can produce 109k mw of electricity and if i turn on my 46 nukes it goes up to 354k mw. I made a block of 14 nukes all overclocked to 250% over at the spire coast. Just for the hell of it everything the set up is supplied 100% by drones , i did it just to see if it would get enough items to keep it running.

For my latest project i have built 4 big factories and they are full of all the different machine set ups that you might need during the production of a given item. Their is a twist though , none of the lines are making anything yet but hopefully when the devs get round to adding something new i will have a use for them.

I have also made 14 end to end train set ups and 9 of them run parallel to each other , i have not tried complicated stuff using points and signals so they can share lines because i read about a lot over players having problems with them after some updates.

The one area that players under estimate is just how many screws you need throughout the game , as you probably know they are needed somewhere in every tier of the game.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts