Do I need a hub controller for 6 fans?

Jan 11, 2023
Visit site
I have 2 stock fans from corsair and 4 argb fans from arctic p12 PWN PST. My first question is if I daisy chain them do I have to individually power each one or only one fan. Next question is do I need a hub if I have the tuf gaming b550 plus wifi II MOBO with 3 cha fan ports? Thanks!

Hi, what CPU cooler do you have?

You have 3 chassis fan ports, a CPU and CPU opt as well as an AIO pump port which can all be used for a fan each. The AIO port will probably run a fan at 100% by default all the time, but you should be able to change that in BIOS.

If you have Y splitters and want to use them it wouldnt be a problem either, the ports can provide plenty of power for ordinary case fans.

Jan 11, 2023
Visit site
Hi, what CPU cooler do you have?

You have 3 chassis fan ports, a CPU and CPU opt as well as an AIO pump port which can all be used for a fan each. The AIO port will probably run a fan at 100% by default all the time, but you should be able to change that in BIOS.

If you have Y splitters and want to use them it wouldnt be a problem either, the ports can provide plenty of power for ordinary case fans.
I have the ID-COOLING CPU Cooler 4 Heatpipes CPU Air Cooler 120mm PWM Fan CPU Fan for Intel/AMD SE-224-XT WHITE

also about the daisy chaining do I need to plug them into separate ports or will one port power them?

I'm afraid I dont know much about RGB as I've managed to avoid it. But if I understand it right, one of those Arctic fans including the RGB connector will draw 0.4 amps, and as motherboard ports generally have a limit of 1A you'd only be able to run 2 arctic fans off of one socket with a splitter.

The Corsair fans should have a label stating the amperage on them somewhere too, so you could work that one out as well.

TRENDING THREADS