JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
I never had a game or a reason for this mic. Ever! And now, I can't imagine having my PC without a mic. Crazy! Were there games that used a mic? I also remember the boiled egg yolk inside the mouse LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
n6RiD7Ji4Y3wxv7PgPceAi-970-80.jpg

https://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-things-that-have-gotten-smaller-and-that-have-gotten-bigger/

Zloth

Community Contributor
I don't use any microphone! I had a tiny one once for playing Asheron's Call but only a few of us used them. Didn't use them in later MMO's because it would mangle immersion too much to have my baritone voice saying a girl's lines. (And I didn't want to invest in the helium needed to fake it.)

I don't know any games that actually use a microphone for gameplay but I've been wishing for a Karaoke minigame to show up where you actually sing the notes instead of just pushing keys!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
There's a similar microphone to this on the right picture sitting in one of my drawers. :) I haven't used it for ages. If I need a mic for some reason, I use the one integrated with my headphones. As for games that use mics for gameplay, especially one comes to my mind. It's Tom Clancy's Endwar. It's an RTS and you can give orders to your units via voice commands. The game is quite mediocre, but the feature with voice commands is quite cool. Too bad that no one used it again. Imagine ARMA series with such a feature! There are also some karaoke games which use microphones for gameplay.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
There's a similar microphone to this on the right picture sitting in one of my drawers. :) I haven't used it for ages. If I need a mic for some reason, I use the one integrated with my headphones. As for games that use mics for gameplay, especially one comes to my mind. It's Tom Clancy's Endwar. It's an RTS and you can give orders to your units via voice commands. The game is quite mediocre, but the feature with voice commands is quite cool. Too bad that no one used it again. Imagine ARMA series with such a feature! There are also some karaoke games which use microphones for gameplay.

I remember reading about that, but since I'm not a native speaker my experience with voice recognition is pretty bad (I had the microphone for the GameCube and the Mario Party quiz could be very creative in its understanding of what we were saying).

World In Conflict also got voice command support in an expansion, but only for consoles for some reason.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Now you mention it I remember a friend had a Tom Clancy game, maybe Splinter cell or Ghost Recon on the PS2? It had a microphone you could buy as an extra that you could give squad mates orders with. Not sure if it was released on PC, or had the same features as I'm not really into that kind of game.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Now you mention it I remember a friend had a Tom Clancy game, maybe Splinter cell or Ghost Recon on the PS2? It had a microphone you could buy as an extra that you could give squad mates orders with. Not sure if it was released on PC, or had the same features as I'm not really into that kind of game.

I remember playing Socom on the PS2 that has that functionality, it was a great game. I was always trying to tell the friendly AI to shoot each other, but they just never would.

My first mic was back in 2004 or so, so I could have skype calls with my family while I was traveling. It was a horrible sounding microphone, but it did the job. Usually, I use a headset with a mic these days, but I actually have bought a microphone with a stand, voice meeter, and the whole shebang. I'm planning to begin streaming on Twitch and having a good mic is an absolute must, if you do not want to sound like a squeaky guy inside of a bathroom stall.