Question Desktop graphic issue

Oct 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello guys new here.. I recently bought a desktop PC (relatively cheap) at the sellers house it ran numerous games in perfect condition, so I took it home and factory reset and ever since I get ridiculously bad graphic issues where the left side of the screen will be on the right side or lines going through the top and then it crashes.. It’s even changed colours really quickly and then will just crash and I have to force shutdown.. any idea what it could be? The graphics card is Radeon 6870

Ok, that points to graphics card as culprit.

So the only change you made was the factory reset. Did you update all the various hardware drivers after this, preferably from the part manufacturer's site?

Obvious one is AMD for the Radeon driver, update that if you haven't.
Also, get Windows up-to-date.

If that doesn't fix it, then do the other drivers—motherboard chipset, sound, network etc—sometimes an apparently unrelated part can cause trouble for other parts.

I don't know if the BIOS could cause this, but update it also.

What happens if you boot into Safe Mode?
Look in Device Manager for any yellow warning icons—expand sections to see individual components.
Check Reliability Monitor and/or Event Viewer for any warnings around the times of the problem happening.

If you're still in trouble, then the hardware experts here—I'm not one—will probably need more info, see here:

PS Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Oct 2, 2021
Visit site
Ok, that points to graphics card as culprit.

So the only change you made was the factory reset. Did you update all the various hardware drivers after this, preferably from the part manufacturer's site?

Obvious one is AMD for the Radeon driver, update that if you haven't.
Also, get Windows up-to-date.

If that doesn't fix it, then do the other drivers—motherboard chipset, sound, network etc—sometimes an apparently unrelated part can cause trouble for other parts.

I don't know if the BIOS could cause this, but update it also.

What happens if you boot into Safe Mode?
Look in Device Manager for any yellow warning icons—expand sections to see individual components.
Check Reliability Monitor and/or Event Viewer for any warnings around the times of the problem happening.

If you're still in trouble, then the hardware experts here—I'm not one—will probably need more info, see here:

PS Welcome to the forum :)

the amd website doesn’t recognise the graphics card because it’s a legacy one now I think.. but it’s updated through windows.. how would I go about updating the motherboard and other stuff? And on the device manager there was nothing yellow that I recall 😅when I check reliability issues nothing comes up which is weird

Oct 2, 2021
Visit site
I must also point out that whenever I download the software installer it comes up with error 182.. the drivers have been updated by windows so they seem to be updated but I’m just wondering if there is other apps that I need or something

how would I go about updating the motherboard and other stuff?
Check either of these:

whenever I download the software installer
Installer for what software?

TRENDING THREADS