Dead Space 2022 CPU requirements on Steam! Ryzen 5 2600 MINIMUM!

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Without standardization, it's rather difficult to determine what "Minimum Requirements" actually mean. Minimum and Recommended system requirements vary wildly in terms of their accuracy. I highly doubt that someone with, say, a Ryzen 5 1600 is going to have a straight up bad experience with the game despite being below the minimum requirements. For example, Resident Evil Village has a minimum CPU requirement of a Ryzen 3 1200/ Intel i5 7500, but I guarantee you can get a good experience out of a weaker CPU (especially considering Intel's stagnation with 14nm, there isn't a massive difference between a lot of the generations of Intel CPUs).

All that being said, while I think you will likely be able to get a perfectly fine experience with a lesser CPU, it is worth considering that the 2600 is over 4 years old at this point and we're in a period of significant advances in the CPU space. Because of Intel's stagnation, tons of PC gamers coasted for years on (for example) 3rd gen and 4th gen Intel CPUs with basically zero issues. But in the 5 or so years since 1st gen Ryzen there have been massive gains in CPU power. The difference between the Ryzen 5 1600 and the 5600 is absolutely massive. So it wouldn't surprise me to see the 2600 start to struggle a decent amount in modern AAA titles, especially with true next-gen games starting to drop shortly.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
AFAIK resolution scaling by whatever method is saving the GPU sweating and not helping the CPU at all.

That's true, it'll affect GPU mostly. In this particular fragment I was talking about system requirements in overall. :)

For example Stalker 2 is coming to new gen Xbox and PC only and has these minimums via Steam which arent too intimidating.

I didn't actually believe these system requirements when they were announced. It was more then a year to the planned release date. I would treat them as a point where they're aiming. I expect them to be higher TBH.

If it isnt really needed then why pick the I5 8400 rather than saying I7 4770k, for example.

A newer generation of hardware looks better from a marketing point of view. It also generates demand for newer hardware. Besides that I bet that more people have i5 8400 than i7 4770k, so the target audience is bigger.

I highly doubt that someone with, say, a Ryzen 5 1600 is going to have a straight up bad experience with the game despite being below the minimum requirements.

The revealed CPUs requirements are usually much higher than the real minimum requirements. What's interesting that this is usually not true, when we're talking about GPUs.

Without standardization, it's rather difficult to determine what "Minimum Requirements" actually mean. Minimum and Recommended system requirements vary wildly in terms of their accuracy. I highly doubt that someone with, say, a Ryzen 5 1600 is going to have a straight up bad experience with the game despite being below the minimum requirements. For example, Resident Evil Village has a minimum CPU requirement of a Ryzen 3 1200/ Intel i5 7500, but I guarantee you can get a good experience out of a weaker CPU (especially considering Intel's stagnation with 14nm, there isn't a massive difference between a lot of the generations of Intel CPUs).

This is the crux of it I think. Is minimum 30 FPS at 720p or is it 1080p 60? Also a gamer with no interest in technology might see I5 and having an I7 920 think they're above specs.

Also if we go by gaming performance benchmarks from reliable sites over multiple games as I tend to do as I follow the tech, things are a bit different. So who do developers cater too with these specs? Must be difficult, but I feel that by bumping up a gen or two from the usual level they're preparing people for something.

All that being said, while I think you will likely be able to get a perfectly fine experience with a lesser CPU, it is worth considering that the 2600 is over 4 years old at this point and we're in a period of significant advances in the CPU space. Because of Intel's stagnation, tons of PC gamers coasted for years on (for example) 3rd gen and 4th gen Intel CPUs with basically zero issues. But in the 5 or so years since 1st gen Ryzen there have been massive gains in CPU power. The difference between the Ryzen 5 1600 and the 5600 is absolutely massive. So it wouldn't surprise me to see the 2600 start to struggle a decent amount in modern AAA titles, especially with true next-gen games starting to drop shortly.
All valid. I think what surprised me most is seeing a Ryzen 5600X and 11600K as 'recommended'. But with the way advances in gaming track consoles now, and the fact this gen of consoles was actually somewhat equivalent with PC at release compared to the last we should be seeing a jump in requirements, especially in CPU power which cant be scaled back as easily in settings as graphics can.

That's true, it'll affect GPU mostly. In this particular fragment I was talking about system requirements in overall. :)

I didn't actually believe these system requirements when they were announced. It was more then a year to the planned release date. I would treat them as a point where they're aiming. I expect them to be higher TBH.

A newer generation of hardware looks better from a marketing point of view. It also generates demand for newer hardware. Besides that I bet that more people have i5 8400 than i7 4770k, so the target audience is bigger.

The revealed CPUs requirements are usually much higher than the real minimum requirements. What's interesting that this is usually not true, when we're talking about GPUs.

I dont usually follow games a long time before release and this is good to know! I just hope we get some tangible improvements in the actual game from it.

Sometimes their minimum requirements aren't always the real minimum. There's many games I've played were I didn't have the basic requirements, but was still able to play the game.
Yeah, there were many games that my youngest son's 2-core/4-thread i3 6100 shouldn't have run, but it worked fine. There was at least one game that didn't work on it, though. Thankfully he finally upgraded that thing recently.

Jeez that thread title is clickbaity, I'd make the worst kind of internet journalist.

Sometimes their minimum requirements aren't always the real minimum. There's many games I've played were I didn't have the basic requirements, but was still able to play the game.

Yeah, there were many games that my youngest son's 2-core/4-thread i3 6100 shouldn't have run, but it worked fine. There was at least one game that didn't work on it, though. Thankfully he finally upgraded that thing recently.

That's all true :) It was more about how surprising the size of the jump in minimum specs was from what we've been used to, as well as the recommended specs being basically current gen for AMD.

Was going to mention Elden Ring being very CPU intensive and chugging for a lot of people on older hardware and then I noticed it has basically the same reqs for Intel of I5 8400. They may have patched it up better by now. Anyway thats a huge open world, Dead Space is a corridor shooter/horror game so its a bit weird to me still.

Oct 10, 2022
Visit site
This makes tons of sense with the data to back it up...

Lots of gamers still have low to mid-range hardware, so this might be the new era of...

"BUT CAN IT RUN CRYSIS DEAD SPACE 2022" memes. 🤣 no, really, it could be serious.
4jywme.jpg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:LMAO so true.......

TRENDING THREADS