D&D RPG Solasta is getting gnomes, tieflings, and a high-level campaign

I'm hoping this game will be an Epic freebie at some point, maybe when the new DLC releases. I'm not interested in it enough to pay for it instead of just grabbing a game from my backlog, but I would like to try out the party I made at some point.
I think that party would be frustrating in the very beginning. We used to make fun of our cleric because she was the most incompetent fighter by a long shot. We didn't get far enough to be able to know how she would do later, and we didn't have a battle focused one.

Reactions: Pifanjr and mainer
I keep thinking I'll buy that game, but every time a sale comes around, there's a new DLC just around the corner. This time, the DLC is free, and I won't need it until I get to "high" level anyway.
I don't think the Palace of Ice DLC will actually be free, as I see no indication of that, and Tactical Adventures previous DLCs always cost at least $10, plus they are a very small developer (almost Indie level) and probably couldn't, or wouldn't, do it without some monetary compensation.

The Steam news page link:

The one section of that news that mentions "free content" might be a bit misleading at first glance, but I think those portraits and the Dungeon Maker content are added to the base game regardless of whether or not you buy the DLC. At least that was my initial impression.

• Free content update for all!
  • Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Half-Elves are all receiving 6 new faces to choose from for free (3 Male / 3 Female)
  • Level 12 - 16 are now available in the Dungeon Maker! Note that the Crown of the Magister and Lost Valley campaigns are still locked to level 12 max due to balance reasons.

Guido and I are never going to finish the main game, so I'm going to secretly start my own and see if I can finish it before this DLC comes out.i
I've never played an RPG in online co-op before, but Solasta seems like the perfect game for that type of play. It doesn't have an in-depth story or character personalities, but it has one of the best D&D turn-based combat systems I've ever played. Solasta, along with Wasteland 2 & 3 have really converted me to turn-based combat in CRPGs. The one thing I would like to see changed the most is the combat UI, as it's just a bit too intrusive on the game screen.
UeYfgK3.jpg

but I would like to try out the party I made at some point.
I think that party would be frustrating in the very beginning. We used to make fun of our cleric because she was the most incompetent fighter by a long shot. We didn't get far enough to be able to know how she would do later, and we didn't have a battle focused one.
I've found character creation to be critical in this game, much like Wasteland 2 in that respect, you'll need a balanced party with a variety of attributes, skills, spells, & traits to be successful. And no matter what race, ancestry, class, or skill set; make sure that everyone is at least proficient in a ranged and melee weapon. It will save your life.
awLRSus.jpg

TRENDING THREADS