CPU upgrade did not make a difference

Apr 9, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have recently upgraded my CPU as I wanted to get a bit better performance in daily tasks but also in some of the games that focus more in CPU usage. First of all sorry if I posted it in the wrong category.

The game that I was hoping to get better performance is Escape From Tarkov but as mentioned before purpose of the upgrade was not only one game. I have heard that EFT is hitting harder on CPU rather than on GPU and Im pretty happy with my GPU for time being. Example from the game, the only difference that I have realised was maybe 5fps in game after and upgrade, I tried to download all the latest drivers, updated bios, chipset driver but it did not make much of a difference, maybe Im doing something wrong, maybe Im missing some settings or bios configuration after an upgrade as I basically installed a new CPU, updated whatever I could and thats it.

My rig:

Asus prime b450-a MOB
650w PSU
AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt 8gb
32GB RAM
CPU went from Ryzen 7 2700x to 5800x

Any ideas on how to improve the performance? Any setting, important which I could missed out, any bios configuration that I can do to make it better? Any ideas are much appreciated.

Based on the system requirements and what I've read people say, this game is very undemanding like most multiplayer games, so there's only so much difference you are going to get with your CPU. The minimum rec for a CPU is an AMD Athlon 2 core. That's extremely low.

What resolution are you playing at?
What was your FPS before?
What is your FPS now?
What graphics setting are you on?
What is the max refresh rate of your monitor?

My guess is your CPU isn't even working very hard, and that you are getting the max your GPU can give you. From what I've seen on benchmarks, you should be getting close to 200 FPS at 1080p.

Apr 9, 2022
Visit site
Hi mate, thanks for your reply.

Im currently playing on 2560x1440 resolution, the FPS count that I had before upgrade was around 50-65 depending on the map in game that I was playing, now after the upgrade Im on 55 to 75 sometimes but thats only in situationa where Im in the place on the map where cpu and gpu is not under a stress, like a small room, if you know what I mean. My max refresh rate on my monitor and the one that Im using is 144hz. Also if it will help my monitor support AMD FreeSync Premium which is turned on. One thing that I realised that during gaming or my daily duties some of the CPU core are sometimes sleeping when checking i AMD Master software. Another thing is in Escape From Tarkov my video settings are mixed with low to medium and I have an option enabled called, use only physical cpu cores.

Apr 9, 2022
Visit site
Even before the upgrade I felt that in some of my games that I used to play Im really low on FPS when I knew that the game is older and that with my rig I should be getting more then that. I knot that my GPU is not the latest one but I think rx5700xt is still a good gpu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts