CPU cooler upgrade for TG01-2176z

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
I have a TG01-2176z. Ive upgraded the RAM to samsungs 980 pro with heatsinks and the memory up to 1tb. My only other concern now is that running Battlefield, the only game this happens with, causes my dt to get very hot. Ive purchased an upgrade exit fan to install but what should i look up in terms of getting a new cpu cooler. Didnt get any clear answers googling it myself.

mm.muji1122

BANNED
Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
I have a TG01-2176z. Ive upgraded the RAM to samsungs 980 pro with heatsinks and the memory up to 1tb. My only other concern now is that running Battlefield, the only game this happens with, causes my dt to get very hot. Ive purchased an upgrade exit fan to install but what should i look up in terms of getting a new cpu cooler. Didnt get any clear answers googling it myself.
It's great that you've upgraded your TG01-2176z with more RAM and a faster SSD. To address the issue of your system getting hot while running Battlefield, it's a good idea to look into upgrading the CPU cooler.

Here are some steps you can take to find a suitable CPU cooler for your system:

1. Check Compatibility: First, make sure to check the compatibility of the CPU cooler with your specific model of TG01-2176z. Different cases and motherboards have different dimensions, and not all coolers will fit.
  2. Determine Cooler Size: Measure the available space inside your case to ensure that the cooler you choose will fit. Some cases have limitations on the height of the cooler.
  3. Consider Air or Liquid Cooling: There are two main types of CPU coolers - air and liquid (also known as AIO or all-in-one coolers). Air coolers use fans to dissipate heat, while AIO coolers use liquid to transfer heat away from the CPU. AIO coolers can be more effective, but they also tend to be more expensive.
  4. Performance vs. Noise: Consider whether you prioritize cooling performance or a quieter system. Some high-performance coolers can be a bit noisy at full load, so it's a trade-off you'll need to consider.
  5. Research Reviews and Benchmarks: Look for reviews and benchmarks of specific CPU coolers to get an idea of how effective they are in keeping temperatures low.
  6. Check TDP Rating: Ensure that the cooler you choose has a Thermal Design Power (TDP) rating that is equal to or higher than your CPU's TDP. This will ensure that the cooler can handle the heat output of your CPU.
  7. Brand and Model Recommendations: Without specific details about your TG01-2176z's motherboard and case, I can't provide specific recommendations. However, popular and reputable cooler brands include Cooler Master, Noctua, Corsair, be quiet!, and NZXT.
  8. Installation: Consider how easy or complicated the installation process is. Some coolers may require more complex installation procedures than others.
Remember to also take note of any warranty considerations when purchasing a new cooler. Additionally, if you're not comfortable with installing the cooler yourself, consider seeking professional help to ensure it's done correctly.

TRENDING THREADS