Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Hey,

So I have buy a pc for like 5 month ago and when I buy it it was super no problem but just 2 weeks ago I add so internet / connection problem. I think that it come from my USB thing that detect wifi (I have a tower pc gaming). Its my first gaming pc and I don't know how to fix the problem if you can help me it would be cool. So yeah thx have a good day.

If you can help me answer here or my discord -----> QcTayoumi#1765

Zoid

Community Contributor
The Troubleshooting forum. would be a better place for this, but we can try to gather more info to help you. It sounds like you are using a USB wifi adapter? When you say you have a connection problem - which of the following are you experiencing?
  1. You can connect to a wireless network, you just get "no internet" when you do
  2. You can see wireless networks available but you can't connect to them
  3. You can't see any wireless networks available
Does your adapter show up in device manager? Do you have another computer you can try plugging the adapter into? Can your phone or other device connect to your wifi network?

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

So the USB wifi thing work I can connect to wifi but the connection sucks (no its not my internet the problem) it work on every thing in my house expept my pc and no I dont have other pc thanks :)

Zoid

Community Contributor
If you are able to connect to wifi but the connection is not very strong, then I would start by moving your PC right next to your router and see if the connection is still bad. If you can connect your PC to ethernet temporarily then I would recommend completely uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver for your dongle, making sure to install the newest version when you do.

Once you've done that it may be time to conclude that the dongle needs to be replaced. I'm not sure if someone else has additional troubleshooting ideas in mind.