Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
I am looking for a monitor for a pc I’m building and I’m really conflicted between TN or VA panels. On one hand I want the TN because of little input lag which would be great for competitive games I want to play, if it means anything the ones I’m going to transfer to my new pc are games like Overwatch, Team Fortress 2, and CS:GO type games, nothing too heavy like Battlefield or Call Of Duty. Then there are VA panels which have way better colors and contrast and brightness. It would be great for Red Dead Redemption 2 or Modded Skyrim. However I’m really scared of ghosting which could ruin the experience for me. So I either trade off the color quality or the response time. I’m literally getting to the point where I’m considering buying two separate monitors for each type. I really need insight and personal experience. Also if you need to know I’m looking at 144hz 1440p moniters.

Is here some reason you've discounted IPS screens?

They generally have better response times than VA panels. The ones using the new LG nano screen have really good response times that rival TN screens while still having good colours and viewing angles. Contrast isnt great if thats a problem to you though.

Theres a list here if you scroll down, and I'm sure you can find reviews of the individual models that are available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS